|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hill Hortensia walks to?
(a) The Kove.
(b) The Katterijn.
(c) The Koppie.
(d) The Kupola.
2. What sets Hortensia apart from everyone else in Katterijn?
(a) She is poor.
(b) She is European.
(c) She is black.
(d) She is unmarried.
3. How does Hortensia feel about Beulah Gierdien's letter?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It sounds fake.
(c) It is too sentimental.
(d) It is an emergency.
4. Why did Marion give up her career?
(a) To go back to school.
(b) To focus on her health.
(c) To start her own small business.
(d) To raise her children.
5. What is the name of Hortensia's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Peter's daughter?
2. Who is Marion's dog named after?
3. Who does Marion not want to know about the painting?
4. What is Marion's profession?
5. What is the name of Marion's maid?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)