|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wishes to bury her ashes on Hortensia's property?
(a) Marion Agostino.
(b) Beulah Gierdien.
(c) Sarah Clarke.
(d) Ludmilla Von Struiker.
2. Who lives in Marion's first design?
3. What best describes Max's personality?
4. What sets Hortensia apart from everyone else in Katterijn?
(a) She is European.
(b) She is black.
(c) She is unmarried.
(d) She is poor.
5. What is the narration style of the novel?
(a) Third-person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hortensia feel about Beulah Gierdien's letter?
2. What is the name of Marion's maid?
3. In what decade of life are both Marion and Hortensia?
4. How many children does Marion have?
5. How does Hortensia feel about the letter requesting the burial?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)