|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the brand on Pesca's arm?
(a) A stripe.
(b) All of these.
(c) A star.
(d) A circle.
2. What type of job did Anne's mother hold?
3. What happens to the church shortly after Walter discovers Sir Percival's secret?
(a) It is accidentally set on fire.
(b) It is sold at an auction.
(c) It receives a large donation.
(d) It is razed to the ground.
4. What does Count Fosco do to trap Walter with him?
(a) Holds Laura hostage.
(b) Holds a gun to his head.
(c) Surrounds the house with gunmen.
(d) Locks the bedroom door.
5. What did Count Fosco switch on Laura and Anne, in addition to their identity?
(b) Their birth records.
(c) Inheritance papers.
(d) Marriage licenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walter looking for at the church in Old Welmingham?
2. When the old man from the church is robbed, what is taken?
3. Following the night at the opera, what does Walter risk by visiting Count Fosco alone?
4. While in the asylum, who did Laura claim to be?
5. Who checked Laura into the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Clements look for Anne when she disappeared?
2. When Walter visits the church in Old Welmingham, what does he hope to find?
3. How does Walter describe the month of April?
4. Who is Anne's father?
5. When Marian is in disbelief at the idea of Count Fosco's admiration, what argument does Walter make?
6. Why does Count Fosco react with fear at the sight of Pesca?
7. Why does Walter realize his hunch is correct about the Old Welmingham church and Sir Percival's secret?
8. Count Fosco reveals he was distressed about Anne's death for what reason?
9. What does Mrs. Catherick say would surprise her regarding Sir Percival?
10. What surprises Walter when he visits the site of the church fire the following day?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)