|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Catherick was once seen where with Sir Percival, causing a scandal?
(a) The vestry of a church.
(b) Sir Percival's carriage.
(c) The boathouse.
(d) The shed on his property.
2. Why does Solicitor Kyrle give Walter an envelope to give to Marian?
(a) He wants Walter to know about Marian's affair.
(b) She left it with him for safe keeping.
(c) It was left for her.
(d) He wants to test her DNA.
3. Who is ignorant of Count Fosco's London visit with Marian?
(a) Mr. Fairlie.
(d) Countess Fosco.
4. Following the opera, what time does Walter arrive at Count Fosco's home?
(a) 11:20 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
5. What happened to the inn where Sir Percival stayed on the night Laura was sent away?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It has been burned down.
(c) It is now closed.
(d) It has been vandalized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter suspects Count Fosco to be what?
2. Why was Anne unwilling to write Sir Percival's secret in a letter?
3. What did Count Fosco switch on Laura and Anne, in addition to their identity?
4. Where are duplicate records for the church kept?
5. Walter's employer believes that Walter is driven by which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. In regards to Count Fosco, why does Walter ask Pesca for help?
2. When Marian is in disbelief at the idea of Count Fosco's admiration, what argument does Walter make?
3. Why might Count Fosco recognize Pesca even though Pesca does not recognize him?
4. Once married to Laura, how does Walter first obtain information on Count Fosco?
5. Once Sir Percival is dead and Laura's fortune is gone, why is Walter still committed to proving the fraud of Laura's death?
6. Who prescribed and delivered the medicine to treat Anne, just before she died?
7. What does Mrs. Catherick say would surprise her regarding Sir Percival?
8. Mrs. Catherick comments she only has to do what to her clothes to enter into mourning for Anne?
9. When Laura told the asylum attendants her true identity, why did they choose to ignore her claims?
10. What is Walter's emotional state on his cab ride to confront Count Fosco at his home?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)