|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura worry about being to Walter and Marian?
(a) Third wheel.
(c) Financial drain.
2. What power does Count Fosco have over Laura, unless she remarries?
(a) He can still claim she is Anne.
(b) He can have her sent away.
(c) All of these.
(d) He can threaten her.
3. Why does Walter reveal the truth about Count Fosco to Pesca?
(a) To gain assistance.
(b) To gain Pesca's trust.
(c) All of these.
(d) Because Pesca is withholding information.
4. Over the years, Mrs. Catherick has worked hard to earn what?
(a) Money to live well.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) A gun.
(d) A good reputation.
5. What did Count Fosco switch on Laura and Anne, in addition to their identity?
(a) Marriage licenses.
(c) Inheritance papers.
(d) Their birth records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Count Fosco admit to harboring an attraction for?
2. What does Walter notice about the lock on the vestry door?
3. What does Walter discover at the church in Old Welmingham?
4. What does Walter ask Pesca to review at 9 a.m. on the day following receipt?
5. Regarding the examination into Sir Percival's death, what is Walter relieved about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Walter's emotional state on his cab ride to confront Count Fosco at his home?
2. When Walter visits the church in Old Welmingham, what does he hope to find?
3. How does Walter describe the month of April?
4. Why does Walter realize his hunch is correct about the Old Welmingham church and Sir Percival's secret?
5. While trying to build a case for Laura, Mrs. Vesey creates what stumbling block for Walter?
6. Once married to Laura, how does Walter first obtain information on Count Fosco?
7. What happens to Sir Percival when the church is set on fire?
8. What activities do Marian and Walter do with Laura to help her recover from her ordeal at the asylum?
9. When Walter confronts Count Fosco, what stops Count Fosco from killing him?
10. Once Sir Percival is dead and Laura's fortune is gone, why is Walter still committed to proving the fraud of Laura's death?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)