|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Clements was once a neighbor to who?
(c) Sir Percival.
2. How many times does the clergyman bow to Mrs. Catherick?
(b) Three times.
(d) He refuses to bow.
3. What does Walter ask Pesca to review at 9 a.m. on the day following receipt?
(a) A sealed letter.
(b) His will and testament.
(c) The evidence against Sir Percival.
(d) A photo of Count Fosco.
4. When did Count Fosco come to England?
5. Where do Walter, Marian, and Laura go on holiday?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) Up North.
(c) The South Coast.
(d) The East Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hyde Park event takes place in the year after Walter's marriage?
2. In order to gain Mrs Clements' trust, Marian and Walter remind her of what?
3. What does Count Fosco include in the first paragraph of his confession?
4. Walter suspects Count Fosco to be what?
5. What rules exist for Marian and Laura while living with Walter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities do Marian and Walter do with Laura to help her recover from her ordeal at the asylum?
2. Who is Anne's father?
3. Why is it easy to believe that even relatives do not recognize Laura after her stay in the asylum?
4. How does Marian react to Walter's plan to confront Count Fosco at his home?
5. Why might Count Fosco recognize Pesca even though Pesca does not recognize him?
6. Who did Mrs. Catherick have an affair with and how did it end?
7. Once Sir Percival has died, why does Walter not return to London immediately?
8. Count Fosco reveals he was distressed about Anne's death for what reason?
9. Why does Count Fosco react with fear at the sight of Pesca?
10. When Walter first meets with Mrs. Clements, what does she believe about Anne?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)