|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ruined Mrs. Catherick's marriage?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Sir Percival.
(c) The local priest.
(d) Mr. Fairlie.
2. What Hyde Park event takes place in the year after Walter's marriage?
(a) The crowning of the queen.
(b) The Crystal Palace Exhibition.
(c) The death of the king.
(d) The World Fair.
3. Who requests an apology from Walter, yet invites him to tea?
(a) Count Fosco.
(b) Mrs. Catherick.
(c) Mr. Fairfield.
4. How much did it cost to get Laura released from the asylum?
(a) 70 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 700 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
5. Who checked Laura into the asylum?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Count Fosco.
(c) Countess Fosco.
(d) Sir Percival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura accept Walter's proposal?
2. Mrs. Clements was once a neighbor to who?
3. At Grimsby, what illness is discovered in Anne?
4. Following the marriage between Walter and Laura, who remains ignorant about the threat of Count Fosco?
5. How is Sir Percival's body identified at the inquest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Count Fosco admit he was planning to do to Anne as part of a plot to steal Laura's identity?
2. Why might Count Fosco recognize Pesca even though Pesca does not recognize him?
3. What surprises Walter when he visits the site of the church fire the following day?
4. To prove the case for Laura, Mr. Kyrle advises Walter to obtain what?
5. What happens to Sir Percival when the church is set on fire?
6. When Walter confronts Count Fosco, what stops Count Fosco from killing him?
7. Count Fosco reveals he was distressed about Anne's death for what reason?
8. Why does Walter reveal the truth about Anne's death to Mrs. Clements?
9. Why does Walter realize his hunch is correct about the Old Welmingham church and Sir Percival's secret?
10. When Walter first meets with Mrs. Clements, what does she believe about Anne?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)