|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Knowlesbury charges against Walter dropped?
(a) Walter apologized.
(b) He paid off the judge.
(c) Mrs. Catherick talked to the priest.
(d) No one arrived to prosecute him.
2. Who examines Laura and registers her as dead?
(a) Mrs. Rubelle.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Mr. Fairlie.
(d) Dr. Goodricke.
3. What coastline does Walter Hartright awaken to at Limmeridge House?
4. Why does Sir Percival drive to the train station in the middle of the night?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) To scare Marian.
(c) To see if he will get caught.
(d) He is picking someone up.
5. What does Laura reveal about her memory, when she and Walter are reunited?
(a) She was brainwashed.
(b) She remembers Walter.
(c) She remembers Marian.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Anne once promise to wear white her entire life?
2. What does Laura place in a drawing album for Marian to one day give to Walter?
3. Who helps Mr. Fairlie write his narrative?
4. After returning from abroad, what won't Laura discuss with Marian?
5. Why does Anne feel safe revealing Sir Percival's secret to Laura?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon learning of the events following Count Fosco's visit, what is Mr. Fairlie's response?
2. Why is Laura especially concerned for Marian's health when she falls ill?
3. What is the significance of the secret Anne claims to know about Sir Percival?
4. Why is Walter upset at the letter he receives from Mrs. Catherick following Sir Percival's death?
5. Why does Pesca feel indebted to Walter?
6. Why does Dr. Goodricke document Laura as dead from an aneurysm?
7. Why does Count Fosco consider Marian a worthy opponent?
8. How does Sir Percival convince the Fairlie's he acted responsibly by putting Anne into the asylum?
9. Why does Walter believe Anne's character judgment against Sir Percival?
10. In the fly on Knowlesbury to London, what does Walter learn from his travel companion?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)