|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of thing bothers Mr. Fairlie?
(b) Bright lights and noise.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Walter's family fear about the situation with Laura "death"?
(a) Walter is being tricked.
(b) It is a miracle.
(c) Walter should marry her.
(d) Laura is very brave.
3. Laura admits to Marian a secret love for who?
(a) The gardner.
(d) Sir Percival.
4. Eliza believes Laura objects to Mrs. Rubelle as a nurse due to what prejudice?
(a) Mrs. Rubelle is Italian.
(b) Mrs. Rubellie is illiterate.
(c) Mrs. Rubelle is not board certified.
(d) Mrs. Rubelle is too tough.
5. Who is Count Fosco married to?
(a) Louis' mother.
(c) Mr. Fairlie's sister.
(d) A dutch princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Fairlie believe about himself?
2. What is Pesca proud of being?
3. To their landlord, Laura and Marian pretend to be Walter's what?
4. Who examines Laura and registers her as dead?
5. What is the name of the woman in white?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Laura returns from her honeymoon, how has she changed?
2. The anonymous letter regarding Sir Percival causes what dilemma for Limmeridge House?
3. Why does Walter believe Anne's character judgment against Sir Percival?
4. How does the solicitor feel about Laura's marriage contract?
5. Why does Count Fosco consider Marian a worthy opponent?
6. How does Sir Percival convince the Fairlie's he acted responsibly by putting Anne into the asylum?
7. Upon learning of the events following Count Fosco's visit, what is Mr. Fairlie's response?
8. Why is Laura especially concerned for Marian's health when she falls ill?
9. Prior to their marriage, Laura admits that she is in love with another man and gives Sir Percival the option of doing what?
10. Why does Walter dislike Mr. Fairlie?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)