|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pesca proud of being?
(a) "A generous European".
(b) "A noble town crier".
(c) "Mobile and carefree".
(d) "A perfect Englishman".
2. At Sir Percival's home, what type of animal does Mariam discover dying?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bird.
3. Who is Count Fosco married to?
(a) Mr. Fairlie's sister.
(c) A dutch princess.
(d) Louis' mother.
4. Why did Anne once promise to wear white her entire life?
(a) She was grateful for hand-me-downs.
(b) To learn to be graceful.
(c) She was joining the Navy.
(d) Out of respect for religion.
5. Why does Sir Percival want Laura to sign her fortune to him?
(a) Laura is a terrible wife.
(b) To save him from financial ruin.
(c) He is better with money.
(d) Laura is not pregnant yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggest Sir Percival withdraw his proposal to Laura?
2. What is the name of the woman in white?
3. In Marian's diary, she mentions a letter in which Walter suspects he is what?
4. Which two women surprise Walter at Laura's grave?
5. What problem develops between Walter and Laura, as they spend time together?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the fly on Knowlesbury to London, what does Walter learn from his travel companion?
2. Why does Pesca feel indebted to Walter?
3. How does Marian present the news to Mr. Fairlie, regarding Laura's agreement to wed Sir Percival?
4. How does the solicitor feel about Laura's marriage contract?
5. Why is Laura especially concerned for Marian's health when she falls ill?
6. How does Sir Percival convince the Fairlie's he acted responsibly by putting Anne into the asylum?
7. Where does Walter choose to live with Marian and Laura and why?
8. Prior to their marriage, Laura admits that she is in love with another man and gives Sir Percival the option of doing what?
9. What is the significance of the secret Anne claims to know about Sir Percival?
10. Why does Walter dislike Mr. Fairlie?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)