|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Marian's diary, she mentions a letter in which Walter suspects he is what?
(a) Destined to die alone.
(b) Being followed.
(c) A pawn in a larger game.
(d) Sick with a terminal disease.
2. How long has Vincent served as the Fairlie's solicitor?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. What is Laura's wedding date?
(a) January 1.
(b) December 31.
(c) December 22.
(d) December 25.
4. Who suggest Sir Percival withdraw his proposal to Laura?
(a) Mr. Fairlie.
(b) Sir Percival.
5. What coastline does Walter Hartright awaken to at Limmeridge House?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura refuse to sign documents for Sir Percival?
2. When Walter first meets the woman in white, she claims she was once happy living where?
3. In the graveyard, how does the woman in white respond to Sir Percival's name?
4. Who finds Laura's lost brooch?
5. Sir Percival tells the Fairlie's he placed Anne in an asylum for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Goodricke document Laura as dead from an aneurysm?
2. How does the solicitor feel about Laura's marriage contract?
3. When Laura returns from her honeymoon, how has she changed?
4. At the beginning of The Woman in White, what is Walter commissioned to do and where will this job take place?
5. How does Sir Percival convince the Fairlie's he acted responsibly by putting Anne into the asylum?
6. Why does Sir Percival lie to Laura about sending an ill Marian to London?
7. What is the significance of the secret Anne claims to know about Sir Percival?
8. How does Walter react to the news of Laura death?
9. Why does Walter dislike Mr. Fairlie?
10. Why does Pesca feel indebted to Walter?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)