|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Percival comments his lake is too shallow to what?
(b) Drown someone.
(c) Go boating with Laura.
2. Where do Marian and Laura move to, following Sir Percival's death?
(b) Blackwater Park.
3. After returning from abroad, what won't Laura discuss with Marian?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her financial situation.
(c) Her family.
(d) Mr. Fairlie.
4. How many dates appear on Laura's headstone?
5. Who follows Anne to her meeting with Laura at the boathouse?
(b) Count Fosco.
(c) Countess Fosco.
(d) Sir Percival.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marian demonstrate suspicion against Sir Percival and Count Fosco?
2. What coastline does Walter Hartright awaken to at Limmeridge House?
3. What is the name of Sir Percival's home?
4. What is Pesca proud of being?
5. What does Marian reveal to Walter, regarding Laura and Sir Percival?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Count Fosco visits Mr. Fairlie, why is he dismissed?
2. How does Sir Percival convince the Fairlie's he acted responsibly by putting Anne into the asylum?
3. Why does Walter believe Anne's character judgment against Sir Percival?
4. What is the significance of the secret Anne claims to know about Sir Percival?
5. Why is Laura especially concerned for Marian's health when she falls ill?
6. How does the solicitor feel about Laura's marriage contract?
7. How does Marian present the news to Mr. Fairlie, regarding Laura's agreement to wed Sir Percival?
8. Where does Walter choose to live with Marian and Laura and why?
9. What is unique about Marian's intelligence, given the time period of "The Woman in White"?
10. When Laura returns from her honeymoon, how has she changed?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)