|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Anne once promise to wear white her entire life?
(a) Out of respect for religion.
(b) To learn to be graceful.
(c) She was grateful for hand-me-downs.
(d) She was joining the Navy.
2. Who follows Anne to her meeting with Laura at the boathouse?
(a) Countess Fosco.
(b) Count Fosco.
(d) Sir Percival.
3. After returning from abroad, what won't Laura discuss with Marian?
(a) Her financial situation.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her family.
(d) Mr. Fairlie.
4. What does Laura place in a drawing album for Marian to one day give to Walter?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A signed portrait.
(c) Several thousand pounds.
(d) A letter of gratitude.
5. What type of dog does Laura own?
(a) A French bulldog.
(b) An Italian greyhound.
(c) A labordoodle.
(d) A poodle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marian reveal to Walter, regarding Laura and Sir Percival?
2. How does Marian demonstrate suspicion against Sir Percival and Count Fosco?
3. Following Marian's letter to Mr. Fairlie, who visits him personally?
4. Who examines Laura and registers her as dead?
5. The court determines Sir Percival's death as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Walter upset at the letter he receives from Mrs. Catherick following Sir Percival's death?
2. Why does Dr. Goodricke document Laura as dead from an aneurysm?
3. In the fly on Knowlesbury to London, what does Walter learn from his travel companion?
4. Why is Laura especially concerned for Marian's health when she falls ill?
5. How does Sir Percival convince the Fairlie's he acted responsibly by putting Anne into the asylum?
6. Why does Count Fosco consider Marian a worthy opponent?
7. Why does Walter tell his landlord Laura and Marian are his sisters?
8. How does Walter react to the news of Laura death?
9. What is unique about Marian's intelligence, given the time period of "The Woman in White"?
10. At the beginning of The Woman in White, what is Walter commissioned to do and where will this job take place?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)