|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Anne unwilling to write Sir Percival's secret in a letter?
(a) Anne could not write.
(b) She claimed to be afraid someone would intercept it.
(c) She thought it too personal for a letter.
(d) The postage was too expensive.
2. Mrs. Clements was once a neighbor to who?
(c) Sir Percival.
3. Where does Marian take Laura, upon her release from the asylum?
(a) Blackwater Park.
(b) Limmeridge House.
4. Who writes Marian a threatening letter?
(a) Solicitor Kyrle.
(b) Sir Percival.
(c) Count Fosco.
5. In order to gain Mrs Clements' trust, Marian and Walter remind her of what?
(a) Walter was engaged to Anne.
(b) Walter is married to Laura.
(c) Walter once helped Anne.
(d) Walter is a decorated soldier.
6. Why does Laura accept Walter's proposal?
(a) He is rich.
(b) She loves him.
(c) For protection.
(d) Out of duty.
7. What type of job did Anne's mother hold?
8. Does Pesca recognize Count Fosco?
(c) He claims they were once friends.
(d) He claims to have once fought him.
9. What did Sir Percival use Laura's money for?
(a) To care for his mother.
(d) To pay off Count Fosco's enemies.
10. Who does Count Fosco admit to harboring an attraction for?
(a) His mother.
(c) Countess Fosco.
11. How many siblings does Sir Percival have?
12. What does Walter feel for Marian, when she moves Laura to Gower's Walk?
13. In Knowlesbury, what crime is Walter accused of?
14. What identifying feature is on the man lurking outside Count Fosco's home?
(a) A facial scar.
(b) Albino coloring.
(c) A long beard.
(d) A tattoo on his forehead.
15. What had Count Fosco planned to do to Anne, if she hadn't died?
(a) Place her in a nunnery.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Send her to Italy.
(d) Force a marriage to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the opera, what time does Walter arrive at Count Fosco's home?
2. What Hyde Park event takes place in the year after Walter's marriage?
3. Walter incorrectly assumes what about Sir Percival's secret?
4. Why does Walter reveal the truth about Count Fosco to Pesca?
5. How much money does Count Fosco gain from the conspiracy against Laura?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)