|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Count Fosco visit the London neighborhood with?
(a) Mrs. Catherick.
(c) The asylum owner.
(d) Sir Percival.
2. Why did Pesca leave Italy?
(a) To follow Count Fosco.
(b) To join a secret society.
(c) To get married.
(d) To hide out in England.
3. What does Walter try to avoid, while discussing Anne's disappearance with Mrs. Clements?
(a) Raising false hope.
(b) The entire topic.
(c) Asking for money to help.
(d) Mentioning Sir Percival.
4. How is Sir Percival's body identified at the inquest?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His pocketwatch.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hair.
5. The inn keeper that could document Sir Percival's stay with Laura can be found where?
(b) Nobody knows.
(c) At the front desk.
(d) With Sir Percival, at all times.
6. Who does Count Fosco admit to harboring an attraction for?
(b) His mother.
(c) Countess Fosco.
7. Who does Walter attempt to visit in Knowlesbury?
(b) Count Fosco.
(c) Mr. Wansborough.
(d) Sir Percival's father.
8. Why did Mrs. Clements help Anne share a secret with Laura?
(a) Anne was going to do it without her help.
(b) Anne believed she was dying.
(c) All of these.
(d) Mrs. Clements loved Anne.
9. When Walter confronts Count Fosco, what does Walter accuse him of?
(a) All of these.
(b) Stealing Laura's fortune.
(c) Belonging to a secret society.
(d) Cuckolding Countess Fosco.
10. Walter's employer believes that Walter is driven by which of the following?
(a) The law.
(c) A woman.
(d) The drink.
11. What is Marian's opinion of Laura's plans to remarry?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She thinks it is a bad idea.
(c) It is disrespectful to Sir Percival.
(d) She is overjoyed.
12. When the old man from the church is robbed, what is taken?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) His wallet.
(c) Confession documents.
(d) The church keys.
13. Once married, Walter notices Laura suffers from what?
(b) Unnatural fears.
(c) Constant anxiety.
(d) Nightmares of her past.
14. Walter feels who is helping him from the grave?
(b) His father.
(c) Every scorned wife.
(d) Laura's father.
15. What does Laura worry about being to Walter and Marian?
(a) Financial drain.
(c) Third wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Fosco include in the first paragraph of his confession?
2. To prove her identity, Solicitor Kyrle needs evidence Laura came to London when?
3. What does Walter reveal to Mrs. Clements after she tells him of Sir Percival's past?
4. After learning Pesca's secret, Walter determines what?
5. How much did it cost to get Laura released from the asylum?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)