|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once married, Walter notices Laura suffers from what?
(a) Constant anxiety.
(c) Unnatural fears.
(d) Nightmares of her past.
2. Following his marriage, who does Walter seek out to learn more of Count Fosco?
(a) Countess Fosco.
(b) Mr. Fairlie.
(d) The head of a secret society.
3. What position did Count Fosco hold in his secret society?
4. What does Walter think was the cause of the fire in the church?
(a) A candle tipping over.
(b) Faulty wiring.
(c) A match.
5. Does Walter spend much time behind bars in Knowlesbury?
(a) No, he bribes jail guard.
(b) Yes, he is there for a month.
(c) No, he is bailed out.
(d) No, he escapes.
6. How does Mrs. Catherick respond to the news of her daughter's death?
(c) She becomes hysterical.
(d) She accuses Walter of killing Anne.
7. When did Count Fosco come to England?
8. Following Sir Percival's death, why does Walter want to marry Laura?
(a) He can protect her.
(b) All of these.
(c) She loves him.
(d) He loves her.
9. For what purpose did Count Fosco come to England?
(a) To spy.
(b) To dodge his creditors.
(c) To get married.
(d) To learn to speak English.
10. Following the marriage between Walter and Laura, who remains ignorant about the threat of Count Fosco?
(a) Mr. Fairlie.
(b) Countess Fosco.
11. After learning Pesca's secret, Walter determines what?
(a) Count Fosco has betrayed the society.
(b) Count Fosco might be a good man.
(c) Pesca is not to be trusted.
(d) Pesca is a killer.
12. What did Count Fosco switch on Laura and Anne, in addition to their identity?
(a) Marriage licenses.
(c) Inheritance papers.
(d) Their birth records.
13. What did Marian do to determine whether Laura was indeed in the asylum?
(a) Asked Sir Percival.
(b) Read the paper.
14. In an attempt to learn Sir Percival's secret, where does Walter meet Mrs. Catherick?
(a) Limmeridge House.
(c) Blackwater Park.
15. What advantage does Walter feel he has over Sir Percival?
(a) The desire to win.
(c) Sir Percival's secret.
(d) More money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter incorrectly assumes what about Sir Percival's secret?
2. During Walter's confrontation, what weapon does Count Fosco consider drawing on Walter?
3. When the old man from the church is robbed, what is taken?
4. Does Pesca recognize Count Fosco?
5. What does Walter ask Pesca to review at 9 a.m. on the day following receipt?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)