|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Fosco include in the first paragraph of his confession?
(a) His titles.
(b) A picture of his gun.
(c) A timeline of events.
(d) A vow to destroy Walter.
2. What position did Count Fosco hold in his secret society?
3. While in hiding, how much money do Laura, Walter, and Marian have in the bank?
(a) 1040 pounds.
(b) Less than 300 pounds.
(c) Just over 400 pounds.
(d) About 100 pounds.
4. How many times does the clergyman bow to Mrs. Catherick?
(a) Three times.
(d) He refuses to bow.
5. What happened to the inn where Sir Percival stayed on the night Laura was sent away?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It has been burned down.
(c) It is now closed.
(d) It has been vandalized.
6. What does Count Fosco do to trap Walter with him?
(a) Surrounds the house with gunmen.
(b) Holds Laura hostage.
(c) Locks the bedroom door.
(d) Holds a gun to his head.
7. Following the confrontation with Walter, who follows Count Fosco?
(b) The scarred man.
(c) The albino.
(d) The man with the tattoo.
8. Does Pesca recognize Count Fosco?
(b) He claims to have once fought him.
(d) He claims they were once friends.
9. Who does Count Fosco admit to harboring an attraction for?
(b) Countess Fosco.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Walter learn from the back-up wedding registry?
(a) Sir Percival stole his fortune.
(b) Sir Percival's father was a thief.
(c) Sir Percival parents were not married.
(d) Sir Percival's mother was a thief.
11. On Walter's visit to Blackwater Park, a man with a carpetbag accuses him of what?
(d) Casing the home.
12. Walter is followed by how many men after he visits the church in Old Welmingham?
13. What happens to the church shortly after Walter discovers Sir Percival's secret?
(a) It is sold at an auction.
(b) It is razed to the ground.
(c) It receives a large donation.
(d) It is accidentally set on fire.
14. Where are duplicate records for the church kept?
(d) Sir Percival's home.
15. Why was Anne unwilling to write Sir Percival's secret in a letter?
(a) She thought it too personal for a letter.
(b) She claimed to be afraid someone would intercept it.
(c) The postage was too expensive.
(d) Anne could not write.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the asylum, who did Laura claim to be?
2. Following his marriage, who does Walter seek out to learn more of Count Fosco?
3. What does Walter discover at the church in Old Welmingham?
4. How did Marian first hear that Laura had been placed in the asylum?
5. What had Count Fosco planned to do to Anne, if she hadn't died?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)