|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advises Laura to be wary of Sir Percival?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) Marian's history with him.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) Walter's suspicions of him.
2. Where does Sir Percival plan to take Laura following their marriage?
3. Why does Marian cry at Laura's wedding?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is in love with Sir Percival.
(d) Laura ignores her.
4. Who is Count Fosco married to?
(a) Mr. Fairlie's sister.
(b) A dutch princess.
(d) Louis' mother.
5. What does Laura give to Walter before he leaves Limmeridge House?
(a) A painting.
(b) A hug.
(c) A drawing.
(d) All of these.
6. Why does Anne feel safe revealing Sir Percival's secret to Laura?
(a) She has hired protection.
(b) She's dying.
(c) She bought a gun.
(d) She is out of the asylum.
7. Where does Count Fosco pretend to have sent an ill Marian?
(d) The mental institution.
8. What type of thing bothers Mr. Fairlie?
(a) Bright lights and noise.
(b) All of these.
9. In the graveyard, how does the woman in white respond to Sir Percival's name?
(a) She spits.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She screams.
10. What physical characteristic is unusual about Pesca?
(a) His bald head.
(b) His eye color.
(c) His small size.
(d) His right leg.
11. Laura is believed dead due to what?
(a) A head cold.
(c) A heart aneurysm.
(d) A blow to the head.
12. Who is tricked into leaving an ill Marian?
(b) Sir Percival.
(d) Mr. Fairlie.
13. Who employs Mrs. Rubelle?
(a) Sir Percival.
(d) Count Fosco.
14. When Walter first meets the woman in white, what is she pointing at?
(a) A path leading to the woods.
(b) A great white bird.
(c) A cloud over London.
15. Why does Sir Percival want Laura to sign her fortune to him?
(a) He is better with money.
(b) Laura is not pregnant yet.
(c) To save him from financial ruin.
(d) Laura is a terrible wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggest Sir Percival withdraw his proposal to Laura?
2. To their landlord, Laura and Marian pretend to be Walter's what?
3. Sir Percival tells the Fairlie's he placed Anne in an asylum for what reason?
4. What does Laura place in a drawing album for Marian to one day give to Walter?
5. Who helps Mr. Fairlie write his narrative?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)