|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sir Percival's home?
(a) White Willow.
(b) Blanco Nero.
(c) Blackwater Park.
(d) Whitestream View.
2. When Laura's maid arrives, Mr Fairlie is concerned about what?
(a) She has a cold.
(b) Laura is in danger.
(c) Her shoes might creak.
(d) Marian is double crossing him.
3. Where do Laura, Marian, and Walter flee, once Walter learns Laura is alive?
(a) The country.
4. What problem develops between Walter and Laura, as they spend time together?
(a) They constantly disagree.
(b) They are attracted to each other.
(c) Laura dislikes Walter's humor.
(d) Walter disrespects Laura's intellect.
5. Where does Sir Percival plan to take Laura following their marriage?
6. What advises Laura to be wary of Sir Percival?
(a) An article in the paper.
(b) Walter's suspicions of him.
(c) Marian's history with him.
(d) An anonymous letter.
7. Following Marian's letter to Mr. Fairlie, who visits him personally?
(a) Count Fosco.
(b) Anne Catherine.
(c) Sir Percival.
8. What is unusual about the letter sent by Marian following Sir Percival's death?
(a) All of these.
(b) It is only a few lines lines.
(c) It requests Walter's immediate presence.
(d) It is very light.
9. How many dates appear on Laura's headstone?
10. Which two women surprise Walter at Laura's grave?
(a) Laura and Marian.
(b) Anne and Marian.
(c) Eliza and Marian.
(d) Laura and Anne.
11. After returning from abroad, what won't Laura discuss with Marian?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her financial situation.
(d) Mr. Fairlie.
12. Eliza believes Laura objects to Mrs. Rubelle as a nurse due to what prejudice?
(a) Mrs. Rubelle is Italian.
(b) Mrs. Rubelle is too tough.
(c) Mrs. Rubellie is illiterate.
(d) Mrs. Rubelle is not board certified.
13. Who helps Mr. Fairlie write his narrative?
(c) Count Fosco.
14. What type of neighborhood do Laura, Marian, and Walter live in?
(a) Poor and populated.
(b) Poor but exclusive.
(c) Wealthy and sparce.
(d) Exclusive but populated.
15. What does Sir Percival want, if Laura cannot bear him children?
(a) A divorce.
(b) Permission to adopt.
(c) 20,000 pounds.
(d) Limmeridge House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical characteristic is unusual about Pesca?
2. What does Mr. Fairlie believe about himself?
3. To their landlord, Laura and Marian pretend to be Walter's what?
4. Why is Mr. Fairlie irritated at having to write a narrative?
5. In Marian's diary, she mentions a letter in which Walter suspects he is what?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)