|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Count Fosco married to?
(a) Mr. Fairlie's sister.
(c) Louis' mother.
(d) A dutch princess.
2. What physical characteristic is unusual about Pesca?
(a) His bald head.
(b) His right leg.
(c) His eye color.
(d) His small size.
3. Why is Mr. Fairlie irritated at having to write a narrative?
(a) He is busy seeking revenge on Sir Percival.
(b) English is not his first language.
(c) His nerves can't handle it.
(d) He doesn't like to write.
4. Who finds Laura's lost brooch?
(a) Sir Percival.
5. The court determines Sir Percival's death as what?
(a) An accident.
(b) A homicide.
(c) A suicide.
(d) A relief.
6. Who examines Laura and registers her as dead?
(a) Mrs. Rubelle.
(b) Mr. Fairlie.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Dr. Goodricke.
7. Laura admits to Marian a secret love for who?
(a) Sir Percival.
(b) The gardner.
8. How does Marian demonstrate suspicion against Sir Percival and Count Fosco?
(a) Buying a gun.
(b) Locking her room.
(c) Calling the police.
(d) Dirty looks.
9. Where does Count Fosco pretend to have sent an ill Marian?
(c) The mental institution.
10. Who plans to look through letters to discover the identity of the woman in white?
(a) All of these.
(d) Mr. Fairlie.
11. Who prepares Laura's body and buries her?
(d) Sir Percival.
12. Why did Anne once promise to wear white her entire life?
(a) She was grateful for hand-me-downs.
(b) To learn to be graceful.
(c) Out of respect for religion.
(d) She was joining the Navy.
13. Why does Sir Percival lock Laura in her room?
(a) She will not sign his papers.
(b) She does not trust him.
(c) She plans a meeting with Anne.
(d) All of these.
14. At Sir Percival's home, what type of animal does Mariam discover dying?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
15. Sir Percival comments his lake is too shallow to what?
(a) Go boating with Laura.
(b) Drown someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Walter first meets the woman in white, what is she pointing at?
2. What is the name of Sir Percival's home?
3. Where do Laura, Marian, and Walter flee, once Walter learns Laura is alive?
4. What musician does Walter first hear Laura play on the piano?
5. What type of neighborhood do Laura, Marian, and Walter live in?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)