|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbs Walter about Mrs. Catherick's reaction to Sir Percival's death?
(a) Her request for proof.
(b) Her belief that Walter was involved.
(c) Her laughter.
(d) Her grief over the man.
2. Why does Sir Percival drive to the train station in the middle of the night?
(a) He is picking someone up.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) To see if he will get caught.
(d) To scare Marian.
3. Why does Sir Percival want Laura to sign her fortune to him?
(a) He is better with money.
(b) Laura is a terrible wife.
(c) To save him from financial ruin.
(d) Laura is not pregnant yet.
4. Where does Count Fosco pretend to have sent an ill Marian?
(d) The mental institution.
5. Why is Mr. Fairlie irritated at having to write a narrative?
(a) He doesn't like to write.
(b) English is not his first language.
(c) His nerves can't handle it.
(d) He is busy seeking revenge on Sir Percival.
6. When Laura's maid arrives, Mr Fairlie is concerned about what?
(a) She has a cold.
(b) Her shoes might creak.
(c) Marian is double crossing him.
(d) Laura is in danger.
7. Who prepares Laura's body and buries her?
(d) Sir Percival.
8. Why does Sir Percival lock Laura in her room?
(a) She does not trust him.
(b) She will not sign his papers.
(c) She plans a meeting with Anne.
(d) All of these.
9. Where do Marian and Laura move to, following Sir Percival's death?
(a) Blackwater Park.
10. What does Laura reveal about her memory, when she and Walter are reunited?
(a) All of these.
(b) She remembers Marian.
(c) She remembers Walter.
(d) She was brainwashed.
11. After returning from abroad, what won't Laura discuss with Marian?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her financial situation.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Mr. Fairlie.
12. Who is Count Fosco married to?
(b) Louis' mother.
(c) Mr. Fairlie's sister.
(d) A dutch princess.
13. Why does Anne feel safe revealing Sir Percival's secret to Laura?
(a) She has hired protection.
(b) She bought a gun.
(c) She is out of the asylum.
(d) She's dying.
14. At Sir Percival's home, what type of animal does Mariam discover dying?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
15. Which two women surprise Walter at Laura's grave?
(a) Laura and Marian.
(b) Laura and Anne.
(c) Anne and Marian.
(d) Eliza and Marian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Knowlesbury charges against Walter dropped?
2. Why does Walter choose to keep Sir Percival's secret?
3. When Walter first meets the woman in white, she claims she was once happy living where?
4. Laura is believed dead due to what?
5. In Marian's diary, she mentions a letter in which Walter suspects he is what?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)