|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Percival want Laura to sign her fortune to him?
(a) Laura is not pregnant yet.
(b) To save him from financial ruin.
(c) Laura is a terrible wife.
(d) He is better with money.
2. What does Marian reveal to Walter, regarding Laura and Sir Percival?
(a) He will be her new tutor.
(b) He owes her money.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are related.
3. Where will Walter be during Laura's marriage?
(a) Standing for the bride.
(b) Limmeridge House.
(c) Out of the country.
(d) At the wedding.
4. Eliza believes Laura objects to Mrs. Rubelle as a nurse due to what prejudice?
(a) Mrs. Rubelle is not board certified.
(b) Mrs. Rubellie is illiterate.
(c) Mrs. Rubelle is Italian.
(d) Mrs. Rubelle is too tough.
5. What advises Laura to be wary of Sir Percival?
(a) Walter's suspicions of him.
(b) An article in the paper.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) Marian's history with him.
6. Why is Mr. Fairlie irritated at having to write a narrative?
(a) He doesn't like to write.
(b) He is busy seeking revenge on Sir Percival.
(c) His nerves can't handle it.
(d) English is not his first language.
7. What is Laura's wedding date?
(a) December 31.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 22.
(d) December 25.
8. Why does Laura refuse to sign documents for Sir Percival?
(a) She wants to read them first.
(b) All of these.
(c) Marian advised her not to.
(d) She does not fully trust her husband.
9. As it rains, where does Marian hide in order to spy on Sir Percival and Count Fosco?
(a) The boat house.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) The roof.
(d) In Count Fosco's closet.
10. Why does Walter choose to keep Sir Percival's secret?
(a) To protect Laura.
(b) Out of kindness.
(c) Out of respect for the dead.
(d) To protect Mrs. Catherick.
11. When Walter first meets the woman in white, she claims she was once happy living where?
(a) Polesdean Lodge.
12. Who follows Anne to her meeting with Laura at the boathouse?
(b) Count Fosco.
(c) Countess Fosco.
(d) Sir Percival.
13. Who prepares Laura's body and buries her?
(b) Sir Percival.
14. Who examines Laura and registers her as dead?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Mr. Fairlie.
(c) Dr. Goodricke.
(d) Mrs. Rubelle.
15. What does Sir Percival want, if Laura cannot bear him children?
(a) Permission to adopt.
(b) A divorce.
(c) Limmeridge House.
(d) 20,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Laura's lost brooch?
2. Where do Marian and Laura move to, following Sir Percival's death?
3. The court determines Sir Percival's death as what?
4. After returning from abroad, what won't Laura discuss with Marian?
5. In the graveyard, how does the woman in white respond to Sir Percival's name?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)