|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Epoch: The Story continued by Walter Hartright, Part IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opera, Walter and Pesca watch Count Fosco from where?
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The orchestra.
2. Joseph Postlethwaite gets punished at school for claiming what?
(a) He is wealthier than the teacher.
(b) His father is a count.
(c) He can speak Italian.
(d) He saw a ghost.
3. Walter is followed by how many men after he visits the church in Old Welmingham?
4. Why does Anne feel safe revealing Sir Percival's secret to Laura?
(a) She has hired protection.
(b) She is out of the asylum.
(c) She's dying.
(d) She bought a gun.
5. How does Mrs. Catherick respond to the news of her daughter's death?
(b) She becomes hysterical.
(d) She accuses Walter of killing Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Catherick was once seen where with Sir Percival, causing a scandal?
2. To prove her identity, Solicitor Kyrle needs evidence Laura came to London when?
3. Who follows Anne to her meeting with Laura at the boathouse?
4. What does Walter try to avoid, while discussing Anne's disappearance with Mrs. Clements?
5. How soon after Laura accepts Walter's proposal do they marry?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)