|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Epoch: The Story continued by Walter Hartright, Part IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who checked Laura into the asylum?
(a) Count Fosco.
(b) Sir Percival.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Countess Fosco.
2. How much money does Count Fosco gain from the conspiracy against Laura?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 30,000 pounds.
(d) 20,000 pounds.
3. Who finds Laura's lost brooch?
(d) Sir Percival.
4. Why does Laura refuse to sign documents for Sir Percival?
(a) She does not fully trust her husband.
(b) All of these.
(c) She wants to read them first.
(d) Marian advised her not to.
5. Why was Anne unwilling to write Sir Percival's secret in a letter?
(a) The postage was too expensive.
(b) She thought it too personal for a letter.
(c) She claimed to be afraid someone would intercept it.
(d) Anne could not write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter discover at the church in Old Welmingham?
2. During Walter's confrontation, what does he demand from Count Fosco?
3. Following the confrontation with Walter, who follows Count Fosco?
4. Walter is followed by how many men after he visits the church in Old Welmingham?
5. How soon after Laura accepts Walter's proposal do they marry?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)