|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Epoch: The Story continued by Walter Hartright, Part IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marian requests Walter fight who for her?
(a) Mrs. Catherick.
(b) The courts.
(c) Count Fosco.
(d) Sir Percival.
2. Sir Percival tells the Fairlie's he placed Anne in an asylum for what reason?
(a) He wanted to be rid of her.
(b) To avoid disgracing her mother.
(c) She was with child.
(d) She was homicidal.
3. Why was Anne unwilling to write Sir Percival's secret in a letter?
(a) The postage was too expensive.
(b) She thought it too personal for a letter.
(c) Anne could not write.
(d) She claimed to be afraid someone would intercept it.
4. How many dates appear on Laura's headstone?
5. On Walter's visit to Blackwater Park, a man with a carpetbag accuses him of what?
(a) Casing the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Count Fosco gain through the conspiracy against Laura?
2. When Walter confronts Count Fosco, what does Walter accuse him of?
3. Where is Count Fosco from?
4. What does Walter ask Pesca to review at 9 a.m. on the day following receipt?
5. What Hyde Park event takes place in the year after Walter's marriage?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)