|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Epoch: The Story continued by Walter Hartright, Part X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Walter choose to keep Sir Percival's secret?
(a) Out of kindness.
(b) To protect Mrs. Catherick.
(c) Out of respect for the dead.
(d) To protect Laura.
2. Why does Sir Percival want Laura to sign her fortune to him?
(a) Laura is not pregnant yet.
(b) Laura is a terrible wife.
(c) He is better with money.
(d) To save him from financial ruin.
3. Why does Sir Percival lock Laura in her room?
(a) She plans a meeting with Anne.
(b) She does not trust him.
(c) She will not sign his papers.
(d) All of these.
4. In Knowlesbury, what crime is Walter accused of?
5. What disturbs Walter about Mrs. Catherick's reaction to Sir Percival's death?
(a) Her belief that Walter was involved.
(b) Her grief over the man.
(c) Her laughter.
(d) Her request for proof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Count Fosco married to?
2. How does Marian demonstrate suspicion against Sir Percival and Count Fosco?
3. What type of neighborhood do Laura, Marian, and Walter live in?
4. How soon after Laura accepts Walter's proposal do they marry?
5. What does Walter try to avoid, while discussing Anne's disappearance with Mrs. Clements?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)