|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serious disease is afflicting Maida?
2. Aislinn urges Wulfgar to have patience with ___________.
3. With whom does Wulfgar train early in the morning?
4. What is in the package that Wulfgar gives to Kerwick?
5. What does Haylan call Aislinn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What family secret does Gwyneth reveal before she dies?
2. What does Wulfgar do when Aislinn tries to press him into revealing his feelings for her?
3. How are Wulfgar's concerns abated when he sees the newborn child?
4. How does Wulfgar deal with Gwyneth who is all too anxious to talk about Aislinn's faults when Wulfgar returns to Darkenwald?
5. How does Wulfgar learn about Gwyneth's cruelty toward Aislinn?
6. Who is discovered to be a traitor at Darkenwald?
7. How does Aislinn's state of mind diminish as Wulfgar continues to refuse to marry her?
8. What facts does Maida reveal that proves that Bryce could not be Ragnor's son?
9. How does Wulfgar's generosity toward Aislinn continue as they tour London?
10. What are Wulfgar's plans for the unborn child and what does Aislinn do in response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the concept of patience. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience the concept of patience and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the misunderstanding of Wulfgar's parentage between Wulfgar and Bolsgar. What are the main sources of the misunderstanding? Why does it perpetuate? What does Wulfgar learn about the reality of his life and parentage as opposed to the perceptions he has held for so long?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)