|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occasion that Wulfgar has arranged today?
2. What does Wulfgar worry about regarding the new baby?
3. What does Wulfgar being building in the spring?
4. What accusation does Gwyneth make and that Wulfar demands an answer.
5. Who is Aislinn seated by at the first dinner with the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wulfgar's generosity toward Aislinn continue as they tour London?
2. Who is discovered to be a traitor at Darkenwald?
3. How does Wulfgar come around to accepting Bryce as his own son?
4. What angers Aislinn about Wulfgar's attending a party all night?
5. What arguments does Aislinn give for not wanting to attend the ceremonies for William?
6. What facts does Maida reveal that proves that Bryce could not be Ragnor's son?
7. How does Wulfgar learn about Gwyneth's cruelty toward Aislinn?
8. How does Wulfgar rescue Aislinn upon her arrival in London?
9. How does Wulfgar surprise Aislinn with a wedding?
10. How does Aislinn's state of mind diminish as Wulfgar continues to refuse to marry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does Woodiwiss use the setting she does? What time period serves as the setting of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
THE WOLF AND THE DOVE is a classic historical romance story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of pride. Identify at least two instances about pride in the book and then cite an examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)