|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maida rant about after her husband is buried?
2. What does Wulfgar tell Aislinn to wear from now on for protection?
3. What language does Maida speak, thinking that Wulfgar cannot understand her?
4. What does Wulfar order to be done with all the food from the village?
5. Who is left in charge of Darkenwald when Wulfgar leaves for battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Wulfgar's childhood after the arrival of Bolsgar?
2. Why does Kerwick think that Aislinn made the wrong choice when forced to choose between Wulfgar and Ragnor?
3. How does Aislinn invade Wulfgar's thoughts even when he is with another woman?
4. Explain the differing points Wulfgar and Aislinn have on the topic of marriage?
5. Who are the people whose cart Wulfgar frees from the mire?
6. How does Wulfgar save Aislinn from Ragnor whose persistence in having Aislinn is ferocious?
7. How does Ragnor try to divert his desire for Aislinn to Gwyneth?
8. Friar Dunley rather boldly tells Wulfgar how he should manage the situation regarding Aislinn. What advice does the friar give to Wulfgar?
9. What happens when Kerwick and Maida make plans to escape?
10. How does THE WOLF AND THE DOVE begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Wulfgar and Ragnor. What are their roles within the story? Why is there such animosity between the two?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Wulfgar. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,423 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)