|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Aislinn betrothed but must hide her feelings to keep him safe?
2. Sweyn must intercede in an argument two women are having about ____________.
3. What are Maida and Kerwick planning to do?
4. Who is Aislinn's mother?
5. In whose name have the Normans taken Darkenwald?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aislinn adapt to her new role of slave?
2. What is Sweyn's role in Wulfgar's life?
3. How does Aislinn achieve some measure of freedom from Wulfgar?
4. How does Wulfgar save Aislinn from Ragnor whose persistence in having Aislinn is ferocious?
5. What is Aislinn's reaction to the package from Wulfgar delivered by Milderd?
6. How does THE WOLF AND THE DOVE begin?
7. What does Aislinn recall about the events that took place regarding the invasion of Darkenwald?
8. Explain the differing points Wulfgar and Aislinn have on the topic of marriage?
9. How does Ragnor try to divert his desire for Aislinn to Gwyneth?
10. Describe Aislinn's procedure for tending to Bolsgar's leg wound.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the story. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Woodiwiss choose to use these places in the drama?
Essay Topic 2
Antagonism takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Wulfgar and Ragnor. What are their roles within the story? Why is there such animosity between the two?
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)