|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gwyneth orders that Aislinn and __________ be whipped.
2. Ainslinn tends to the wound on Bolsgar's ___________.
3. Which of the men is infatuated with Gwyneth?
4. For what reason does Wulfgar comfort Aislinn?
5. The villagers mainly use spears and ______________ as weapons.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aislinn's reaction to the package from Wulfgar delivered by Milderd?
2. Why does Kerwick think that Aislinn made the wrong choice when forced to choose between Wulfgar and Ragnor?
3. How does Aislinn achieve some measure of freedom from Wulfgar?
4. Explain how Wulfgar works to create loyalty for William from the people.
5. How does Aislinn invade Wulfgar's thoughts even when he is with another woman?
6. How does Gwyneth berate Aislinn in an attempt to demean her and her status?
7. What does Wulfgar give to Milderd to give to Aislinn when she reaches Darkenwald?
8. What scheme does Ragnor devise to harm Wulfgar yet claim to have saved Wulfgar's life?
9. How does Wulfgar save Aislinn from Ragnor whose persistence in having Aislinn is ferocious?
10. What does Wulfgar do when Aislinn is missing the next morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Woodiwiss is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the story. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Woodiwiss choose to use these places in the drama?
Essay Topic 3
THE WOLF AND THE DOVE is a classic historical romance story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category?
This section contains 1,465 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)