|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wulfgar sends Gowain to bring _____________ to him to attend the coronation.
2. Wulfgar tells Aislinn that she must choose between ____________ and Ragnor.
3. What does Aislinn call Kerwick's "stripes of foolishness?"
4. Gwyneth sees Aislinn talking to ____________ and vows to tell Wulfgar about Aislinn's unfaithfulness.
5. What does Aislinn do when she can't find her kirtle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scheme does Ragnor devise to harm Wulfgar yet claim to have saved Wulfgar's life?
2. What does Wulfgar do when Aislinn is missing the next morning?
3. How does Wulfgar save Aislinn from Ragnor whose persistence in having Aislinn is ferocious?
4. What compliment does Wulfgar pay Aislinn when she cries over her torn kirtle?
5. How does Wulfgar let Ragnor know that he handled the situation at Darkenwald all wrong?
6. Explain how Wulfgar works to create loyalty for William from the people.
7. What are the circumstances surrounding Aislinn's choosing Wulfgar over Ragnor?
8. What does Aislinn recall about the events that took place regarding the invasion of Darkenwald?
9. Explain the differing points Wulfgar and Aislinn have on the topic of marriage?
10. How does Wulfgar show some mercy when ransacking a village in the name of William?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Woodiwiss end the book on a note of hope for Aislinn and Wulfgar or the continuance of their struggle to come to terms with the nature and origins of their relationship? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ragnor. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Gwyneth. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)