|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aislinn hide the yellow cloth Wulfgar sent her?
(a) She doesn't want Wulfgar to know she was pleased with it.
(b) She does not look good in yellow.
(c) She doesn't have time to sew right now.
(d) She is afraid Gwyneth will take it.
2. What does Aislinn search for in order to mend it?
3. Which of the following does Gwyneth NOT yell at Wulfgar about?
(a) Aislinn wears nice clothes.
(b) Aislinn sits at a place of honor at Wulfgar's side.
(c) Aislinn has more jewels than Gwyneth.
(d) There is no reason why Wulfgar should care so much for Aislinn.
4. What does Hlynn help Aislinn with so that she cannot go to Ragnor?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her studies.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her bath.
5. What is Aislinn doing when Wulfgar enters her room without her knowledge?
(c) Climbing out the window.
(d) Brushing her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What/who does Kerwick think Aislinn should have chosen instead of Wulfgar?
2. The salve that Aislinn uses is made of ______________ and herbs.
3. What does Wulfgar allow Aislinn to do before he leaves for battle?
4. Which of the following does Wulfgar NOT encounter trying to get a cart out of the mud?
5. Sweyn must intercede in an argument two women are having about ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the tensions between Aislinn and Gwyneth accelerate when Wulfgar leaves for battle?
2. Which relatives of Wulfgar's arrive unexpectedly at Darkenwald?
3. Explain how Wulfgar works to create loyalty for William from the people.
4. How does Aislinn invade Wulfgar's thoughts even when he is with another woman?
5. What kindness does Wulfgar show to an old woman in a village that has been burned out?
6. How does Wulfgar let Ragnor know that he handled the situation at Darkenwald all wrong?
7. How does Gwyneth berate Aislinn in an attempt to demean her and her status?
8. What does Wulfgar give to Milderd to give to Aislinn when she reaches Darkenwald?
9. How does Aislinn adapt to her new role of slave?
10. What does Aislinn recall about the events that took place regarding the invasion of Darkenwald?
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)