|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bolsgar know that Bryce is truly Wulfgar's son?
(a) He has a cowlick in his hair.
(b) He has the same mole on his cheek as Wulfgar does.
(c) He has a birthmark on his buttocks.
(d) He has grey eyes.
2. What does Aislinn do that angers Wulfgar?
(a) Throws a cup of wine on him.
(b) Spends the night with Kerwick.
(c) Fastens the ankle chain and prepares to sleep on the floor.
(d) Slaps him in front of his men.
3. Why are Wulfgar's men acting sad and listless around the house?
(a) They think Wulfgar will lose the joust.
(b) They ware battle weary.
(c) They are homesick.
(d) They miss Aislinn.
4. What is another reason Aislinn is hesitant to go to the royal ceremony?
(a) She doesn't know dining etiquette.
(b) People will know she is Wulfgar's mistress.
(c) Her hairstyle is outdated.
(d) She has the hands of a peasant.
5. Why are Aislinn's things taken from Wulfgar's room to accommodations at court?
(a) Aislinn wants to study in London.
(b) William wants her under his protection.
(c) Aislinn wants to marry into royalty.
(d) William wants her as his own mistress.
6. What gift does Wulfgar give Aislinn before they leave London?
(a) A dapple grey horse.
(b) A fur cloak.
(c) A trunk filled with satins and velvets.
(d) A wedding ring.
7. Who was the other knight that set up Wulfgar to be killed at the village?
8. Which of the following is not stunned and angry at the marriage between Aislinn and Wulfgar?
9. Why does Wulfgar say he has been gentle with Gwyneth up to this point?
(a) She is old.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is mentally ill.
(d) She is his sister.
10. What is Aislinn doing when Wulfgar returns from the party early in the morning?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(d) Making coffee.
11. Ragnor and his men abduct Aislinn and _____________.
12. What position does Wulfgar offer to Kerwick?
(c) Stable master.
(d) Chief of the army.
13. What is Wulfgar surprised to find when he touches Aislinn's body?
(a) She is burning up with fever.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) A healing scar from the lash Gwyneth gave her.
(d) She is cold and clammy.
14. Which of the following does NOT give Wulfgar advice on how to beat Ragnor in the joust?
15. What is the occasion that Wulfgar has arranged today?
(a) A christening.
(b) An adoption ceremony.
(c) His wedding to Aislinn.
(d) A land title ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wulfgar being building in the spring?
2. Who falls in the river and needs Aislinn's care to return to health?
3. What does Aislinn desire most of all at this point in her life?
4. What family secret does Gwyneth finally reveal?
5. What item does Beaufonte buy Aislinn in London?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)