|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Anne Boleyn and Henry marry?
2. On the same day that Anne's accused lovers were executed, what decree was issued?
3. After Henry had banished Catherine of Aragon, what did he refuse to allow her to do?
4. After banishing Catherine of Aragon, what did Henry attempt to get world leaders to accept?
5. Where was Jane Seymour buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Anne Boleyn executed?
2. In Chapter 13, what is said to have caused unrest in one area of Henry's kingdom?
3. What occurred on May 17th, 1536?
4. Who testified against Anne Boleyn in her trial? Who provided some of the most damning testimony?
5. With regard to his children, what was Henry encouraged to do by Jane Seymour?
6. What charges did Anne Boleyn face when she was put on trial?
7. What did the Pope declare about Henry's marriages in July, 1533?
8. What did Henry offer Anna of Cleves in order to end their marriage?
9. What was supposed to occur in the summer of Jane and Henry's first year of marriage? Why was it canceled?
10. What did Anne and Henry name their firstborn child together? What caught everyone by surprise when this baby was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the demise of Henry's and Katherine Howard's marriage. How did it come about and what were the charges laid upon Katherine? Who else was charged during this time? How did Henry react to the news of Katherine's crimes and her eventual demise? How did the circumstances surrounding her death compare to those surrounding Anne Boleyn's death?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jane Seymour, Henry's third wife. Why was she such an important figure during the reign of Henry VIII. What could she do that Henry's other wives could not and how did this impact her legacy? How did Henry and Jane meet and what was their relationship like? How did their marriage end? How did Henry show his preference for Jane after the end of their marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship that Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn had with the King's court and the public. Why was their experience with these groups so different? How did it affect their time as Queen?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)