|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the same day that Anne's accused lovers were executed, what decree was issued?
2. What was the name of the young woman Henry met around 1535?
3. After Catherine of Aragon's death, where did Henry have her body interred?
4. After the birth of his child with Anne Boleyn, what did Henry immediately start to think about?
5. What health condition caused Henry a lot of pain after he married Katherine Howard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brought about the end of Henry's marriage to Katherine Howard?
2. What occurred on May 17th, 1536?
3. How did Henry deal with Catherine of Aragon every time she attempted to fight for her marriage? During this time, what did Henry prevent Catherine from doing?
4. With concern for the appearance of his future wife, what did Henry send an artist to do?
5. Who testified against Anne Boleyn in her trial? Who provided some of the most damning testimony?
6. After Catherine of Aragon was banished, what did Henry begin attempting to get other kings and leaders in Europe used to?
7. What was supposed to occur in the summer of Jane and Henry's first year of marriage? Why was it canceled?
8. Whom did Katherine Howard have affairs with while living at her grandmother's home?
9. What was unique about Henry's first meeting with Anna of Cleves?
10. With regard to his children, what was Henry encouraged to do by Jane Seymour?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the demise of Henry's and Katherine Howard's marriage. How did it come about and what were the charges laid upon Katherine? Who else was charged during this time? How did Henry react to the news of Katherine's crimes and her eventual demise? How did the circumstances surrounding her death compare to those surrounding Anne Boleyn's death?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry's offspring which included Mary I, Henry Fitzroy, Elizabeth I, and Edward VI. What were their relationships with Henry like? How did Henry treat them? What were their titles? What is known about their lives during Henry's reign?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry's desire for a male heir. Why did he want a male heir? Why was his son Henry Fitzroy not an ideal candidate? How did his desire for a male heir affect his life, his reign, and England as a whole?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)