|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a swordsman travel from in order to execute Anne Boleyn?
2. Who was Henry Maddox?
3. Where was Jane Seymour buried?
4. How is the first meeting between Anna of Cleves and King Henry described?
5. What does the author suggest may have caused Katherine Howard to be distracted from her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Pope declare about Henry's marriages in July, 1533?
2. Who testified against Anne Boleyn in her trial? Who provided some of the most damning testimony?
3. What brought about the end of Henry's marriage to Katherine Howard?
4. After Catherine of Aragon was banished, what did Henry begin attempting to get other kings and leaders in Europe used to?
5. In Chapter 13, what is said to have caused unrest in one area of Henry's kingdom?
6. As their marriage continued, what did Anne do which made Henry increasingly displeased with her.?
7. With regard to his children, what was Henry encouraged to do by Jane Seymour?
8. What did Henry offer Anna of Cleves in order to end their marriage?
9. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals allow for?
10. What was Henry's opinion of Anna of Cleves after meeting her for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Henry's offspring which included Mary I, Henry Fitzroy, Elizabeth I, and Edward VI. What were their relationships with Henry like? How did Henry treat them? What were their titles? What is known about their lives during Henry's reign?
Essay Topic 2
What was Fraser's purpose for writing "The Wives of Henry VIII"? Was she successful in achieving her goal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Anna of Cleves, Henry's fourth wife. How did Henry feel about Anna of Cleves? Why did Henry marry Anne of Cleves? What was their relationship like during their marriage? How did their marriage end and how did Henry treat Anna afterward?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)