|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author hope to do in "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
2. Emperor Charles entered into a marriage contract with __________.
3. What was the large gathering which took place in 1520 called?
4. What position did Anne Boleyn's father hold?
5. What was the result of Catherine of Aragon's first pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did it come about that Henry was named the head of the Church of England?
2. When did Catherine finally give birth to a healthy child? Why was there disappointment surrounding this child's birth?
3. Even though their marriage was deteriorating, what did Catherine of Aragon continue to make for Henry? How did Anne Boleyn feel about this?
4. What contributed to Prince Arthur's bad health?
5. What pressure was on Catherine of Aragon in 1518?
6. After Elizabeth of York's death, what did people speculate about Henry VII remarrying?
7. What did Catherine of Aragon say in her speech at the tribunal at Blackfriars in 1529?
8. What was the result of Catherine's first two pregnancies?
9. What are some examples of what Catherine of Aragon was taught as she grew up?
10. Where and when did Catherine marry Arthur? Who is noted as having attending their wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Catherine Parr, Henry's sixth wife. How did Henry meet Catherine? Describe their relationship. Who was Catherine involved with before and after her marriage to Henry VIII? What almost got Catherine arrested and how did she save herself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the demise of Henry's and Katherine Howard's marriage. How did it come about and what were the charges laid upon Katherine? Who else was charged during this time? How did Henry react to the news of Katherine's crimes and her eventual demise? How did the circumstances surrounding her death compare to those surrounding Anne Boleyn's death?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry's offspring which included Mary I, Henry Fitzroy, Elizabeth I, and Edward VI. What were their relationships with Henry like? How did Henry treat them? What were their titles? What is known about their lives during Henry's reign?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)