|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose benefit did Henry gather evidence to prove his marriage to Catherine of Aragon was invalid?
2. How old was Catherine when she traveled to England to meet her husband?
3. After his wife's death, some believed that Henry VII wished to marry __________.
4. After how many days did Catherine of Aragon and Henry's firstborn son die?
5. What was the name of Henry VII's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fraser speculate was the reason Henry VIII married Catherine of Aragon?
2. Where and when did Catherine marry Arthur? Who is noted as having attending their wedding?
3. What is questioned about Catherine of Aragon and Prince Arthur's wedding night? Why?
4. What ruined King Henry's plans to marry Princess Mary to Charles V? How did Henry and Catherine feel about this turn of events?
5. Who gave birth to Henry VIII's son in 1519?
6. What did Catherine of Aragon say in her speech at the tribunal at Blackfriars in 1529?
7. After Prince Arthur's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
8. How did Catherine of Aragon come to be married into the English royal family?
9. Why was Anne Boleyn brought back to England in 1521? Whom did Anne have a romance with around the same time?
10. What contributed to Prince Arthur's bad health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the historical figures (besides Henry VIII and his wives) which Fraser discusses in the book. Who were they? How did they influence the lives of Henry and his wives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jane Seymour, Henry's third wife. Why was she such an important figure during the reign of Henry VIII. What could she do that Henry's other wives could not and how did this impact her legacy? How did Henry and Jane meet and what was their relationship like? How did their marriage end? How did Henry show his preference for Jane after the end of their marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Anne Boleyn, Henry's second wife. How did Henry and Anne meet? How did Anne affect Henry's reign and the history of England? What caused her demise? Why is she such a memorable historical figure?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)