|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Henry particularly happy about his child born in 1516?
2. Whom did Henry have a son with in 1519?
3. Who later immortalized the speech Catherine of Aragon made at the tribunal In 1529?
4. Which title did Henry bestow on his illegitimate son in Chapter 5?
5. After being stuck in England for many years, how did Catherine finally stand up to the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made King Henry believe his marriage to Catherine of Aragon was illegitimate?
2. What did Catherine of Aragon say in her speech at the tribunal at Blackfriars in 1529?
3. What was Anne Boleyn's family background?
4. After Prince Arthur's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
5. As Catherine of Aragon approached her fortieth birthday, what did Henry VIII focus his attention on?
6. Where and when did Catherine marry Arthur? Who is noted as having attending their wedding?
7. What pressure was on Catherine of Aragon in 1518?
8. Why was Anne Boleyn brought back to England in 1521? Whom did Anne have a romance with around the same time?
9. What was the result of Catherine's first two pregnancies?
10. What ruined King Henry's plans to marry Princess Mary to Charles V? How did Henry and Catherine feel about this turn of events?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the King's court. What were some of the different positions in the court? Which of Henry's wives met Henry while serving a queen at court?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conclusion of "The Wives of Henry VIII." What happens at the end of the book? Are there any unanswered questions? Are there any surprises at the end of the book? Why might Fraser have chosen to end the book where she does?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the presence of religion in "The Wives of Henry VIII." What took place with the Catholic Church and the Pope in regards to Henry's divorce? What did Henry do to get what he desired in that situation? How did it affect England?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)