|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did King Henry fall out of love with Anne Boleyn?
(a) She showed no interest in her daughter.
(b) She failed to give him a son.
(c) She had an affair with a courtier.
(d) Her religious beliefs changed.
2. What was the name of the young woman Henry met around 1535?
(a) Maria de Salinas.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Arabella Stuart.
(d) Anna of Cleves.
3. Why was the ceremony to crown Jane Seymour canceled?
(a) Jane was ill.
(b) A fire destroyed the building it was to be held in.
(c) There was an outbreak of a plague.
(d) Rebels threatened to disrupt the ceremony.
4. Where did a swordsman travel from in order to execute Anne Boleyn?
5. After Catherine of Aragon's death, where did Henry have her body interred?
(a) Peterborough Cathedral.
(b) Chester Cathedral.
(c) Durham Cathedral.
(d) Westminster Cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after her son's birth did Jane Seymour die?
2. How is the first meeting between Anna of Cleves and King Henry described?
3. How old was Henry when he married Katherine Howard?
4. What about Anne's personality quickly began to irritate the King after they married?
5. Who was Lady Rochford?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Queen Jane's death, what was the goal of Henry's advisors as they searched for his next wife?
2. What did Anne and Henry name their firstborn child together? What caught everyone by surprise when this baby was born?
3. What was Henry's opinion of Anna of Cleves after meeting her for the first time?
4. How was Anne Boleyn executed?
5. With concern for the appearance of his future wife, what did Henry send an artist to do?
6. With regard to his children, what was Henry encouraged to do by Jane Seymour?
7. How did Henry deal with Catherine of Aragon every time she attempted to fight for her marriage? During this time, what did Henry prevent Catherine from doing?
8. Who testified against Anne Boleyn in her trial? Who provided some of the most damning testimony?
9. What occurred on May 17th, 1536?
10. What did the Act of Restraint of Appeals allow for?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)