|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of Henry's wives was Katherine Howard related?
(a) Catherine of Aragon.
(b) Jane Seymour.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Anna of Cleves.
2. On the topic of their marriage, what lie did Anne Boleyn and Henry tell?
(a) Catherine of Aragon was present and approved.
(b) They invited common people from the street to attend.
(c) It rained on their wedding day symbolizing good luck.
(d) They claimed to have married two months earlier than they actually did.
3. Who was Henry Maddox?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A guard.
(c) A clergyman.
(d) A tax collector.
4. What decorated some jewels which were created after Henry and Jane Seymour married?
(a) Floral carvings.
(b) Gold leaf.
(c) Tiny painted portraits of the King and Queen.
(d) Intertwining initials.
5. Who was Lady Rochford?
(a) The King's cousin.
(b) Anne Boleyn's nurse maid.
(c) Anne Boleyn's aunt.
(d) Anne Boleyn's sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after Catherine of Aragon's death, what happened to Anne Boleyn?
2. After banishing Catherine of Aragon, what did Henry attempt to get world leaders to accept?
3. What was Henry disguised as when he rode to meet Anna of Cleves for the first time?
4. After Henry had banished Catherine of Aragon, what did he refuse to allow her to do?
5. After giving birth, what did Jane Seymour contract?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom did Katherine Howard have affairs with while living at her grandmother's home?
2. What occurred on May 17th, 1536?
3. How did Queen Jane die?
4. In Chapter 13, what is said to have caused unrest in one area of Henry's kingdom?
5. As their marriage continued, what did Anne do which made Henry increasingly displeased with her.?
6. What did the Pope declare about Henry's marriages in July, 1533?
7. What charges did Anne Boleyn face when she was put on trial?
8. What brought about the end of Henry's marriage to Katherine Howard?
9. What was supposed to occur in the summer of Jane and Henry's first year of marriage? Why was it canceled?
10. What did Henry offer Anna of Cleves in order to end their marriage?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)