|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry promise Anna of Cleves when he decided to end their marriage?
(a) He would find another husband for her.
(b) He would name a town after her.
(c) He would never go to war against Cleves.
(d) He would regard her as his own sister.
2. Which of the following was NOT a candidate to marry King Henry after Queen Jane died?
(a) Charles V's sister.
(b) A Portugese princess.
(c) The French King's cousins.
(d) The Duchess of Milan.
3. Whom did Jane Seymour quickly befriend after marrying Henry?
(a) Princess Mary.
(b) Henry's sister, Margaret.
(c) Henry's closest advisor.
(d) Lady Rochford.
4. After the birth of his child with Anne Boleyn, what did Henry immediately start to think about?
(a) Where the child should be sent to be educated.
(b) Going to war in Europe.
(c) Ending his marriage to Anne Boleyn.
(d) Arranging a marriage for the child.
5. What health condition caused Henry a lot of pain after he married Katherine Howard?
(a) Ulcers on his leg.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) A bad back.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the same day that Anne's accused lovers were executed, what decree was issued?
2. Why was the ceremony to crown Jane Seymour canceled?
3. After Henry had banished Catherine of Aragon, what did he refuse to allow her to do?
4. Who was Lady Rochford?
5. Who began to suffer health problems around 1535?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Pope declare about Henry's marriages in July, 1533?
2. What did Anne and Henry name their firstborn child together? What caught everyone by surprise when this baby was born?
3. When did King Henry and Anne Boleyn get married? What did they tell others?
4. What did Henry offer Anna of Cleves in order to end their marriage?
5. With concern for the appearance of his future wife, what did Henry send an artist to do?
6. In Chapter 13, what is said to have caused unrest in one area of Henry's kingdom?
7. What occurred on May 17th, 1536?
8. As their marriage continued, what did Anne do which made Henry increasingly displeased with her.?
9. With regard to his children, what was Henry encouraged to do by Jane Seymour?
10. What brought about the end of Henry's marriage to Katherine Howard?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)