|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Arthur's title?
(a) King of England.
(b) Grand Duke.
(d) Prince of Wales.
2. What country was Catherine of Aragon from?
3. In which country outside of England did Anne live with her family?
4. Where was a tribunal held to investigate the legitimacy of the marriage between Catherine of Aragon and King Henry?
5. What did Henry expect would happen if he married Anne Boleyn?
(a) The people would quickly grow to love Anne.
(b) His treaty with France would strengthen.
(c) She would quickly give him a son.
(d) Mary would never speak to him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubled Catherine's parents' marriage?
2. Why do historians wonder why Henry VIII married Catherine of Aragon?
3. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
4. What was the large gathering which took place in 1520 called?
5. What does the author claim about much of what is widely-believed about Henry VIII's wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did it come about that Henry was named the head of the Church of England?
2. After Elizabeth of York's death, what did people speculate about Henry VII remarrying?
3. Where and when did Catherine marry Arthur? Who is noted as having attending their wedding?
4. After Prince Arthur's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
5. How did Catherine of Aragon come to be married into the English royal family?
6. What pressure was on Catherine of Aragon in 1518?
7. With a desire to end his marriage, why did King Henry have his advisors look into its legitimacy?
8. What are some examples of what Catherine of Aragon was taught as she grew up?
9. What is questioned about Catherine of Aragon and Prince Arthur's wedding night? Why?
10. As Catherine of Aragon approached her fortieth birthday, what did Henry VIII focus his attention on?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)