|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
2. What did Catherine of Aragon deny about her marriage to Arthur until her death?
(a) It was consummated.
(b) It was illegal.
(c) It was not consummated.
(d) It was based on love.
3. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a part of the Boleyn family background?
(a) A duke.
(b) An explorer.
(c) An earl.
4. Where was a tribunal held to investigate the legitimacy of the marriage between Catherine of Aragon and King Henry?
5. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
(a) Henry wanted to have a son to bond with.
(b) Many monarchs around Europe had been welcoming sons.
(c) England would not be taken over by an outsider if a boy was born.
(d) Boys were considered good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Arthur's title?
2. Where did Catherine and Arthur marry?
3. What was Catherine of Aragon's relationship with Emperor Charles?
4. Which royal house did Henry VII hope to create a bond with through marriage?
5. Which of Henry's sisters was married to the King of France?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Catherine of Aragon approached her fortieth birthday, what did Henry VIII focus his attention on?
2. What pressure was on Catherine of Aragon in 1518?
3. When did Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII marry? What happened to Catherine quickly after?
4. What did Cardinal Wolsey suggest Catherine of Aragon should do when Henry decided to end their marriage?
5. What made King Henry believe his marriage to Catherine of Aragon was illegitimate?
6. How did it come about that Henry was named the head of the Church of England?
7. What contributed to Prince Arthur's bad health?
8. In the prologue, what does the author explain as her purpose for writing "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
9. Even though their marriage was deteriorating, what did Catherine of Aragon continue to make for Henry? How did Anne Boleyn feel about this?
10. How did Catherine of Aragon come to be married into the English royal family?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)