|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Henry's sisters was married to the King of France?
2. Where was Catherine crowned Queen of England?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
3. Who is the author of "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
(a) Margaret George.
(b) Antonia Fraser.
(c) Alison Weir.
(d) James P. Carley.
4. What position did Anne Boleyn's father hold?
(a) Lord Treasurer.
(d) Court jester.
5. Which title did Henry bestow on his illegitimate son in Chapter 5?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(b) Duke of York.
(c) Duke of Lancaster.
(d) Duke of Richmond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the aim of betrothing Catherine of Aragon to an English prince?
2. Catherine of Aragon heard about the investigation into her marriage from ______________.
3. Who was Catherine of Aragon's father?
4. After her husband's death, what did Catherine of Aragon often struggle to do?
5. Immediately after Arthur's death, whom was it suggested for Catherine to marry next?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ruined King Henry's plans to marry Princess Mary to Charles V? How did Henry and Catherine feel about this turn of events?
2. As Catherine of Aragon approached her fortieth birthday, what did Henry VIII focus his attention on?
3. Who gave birth to Henry VIII's son in 1519?
4. What did Cardinal Wolsey suggest Catherine of Aragon should do when Henry decided to end their marriage?
5. With a desire to end his marriage, why did King Henry have his advisors look into its legitimacy?
6. What was Anne Boleyn's family background?
7. How did it come about that Henry was named the head of the Church of England?
8. After Prince Arthur's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
9. Where and when did Catherine marry Arthur? Who is noted as having attending their wedding?
10. In the prologue, what does the author explain as her purpose for writing "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)