|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the large gathering which took place in 1520 called?
(a) The Forest of Woolen Bronz.
(b) The Field of Cloth of Gold.
(c) The Desert of White Cotton.
(d) The Valley of Silver Armor.
2. After his wife's death, some believed that Henry VII wished to marry __________.
(a) Catherine's mother.
(b) The princess of Italy.
(c) Catherine of Aragon.
(d) His mistress.
3. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Sixteen years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
4. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
(a) England would not be taken over by an outsider if a boy was born.
(b) Boys were considered good luck.
(c) Henry wanted to have a son to bond with.
(d) Many monarchs around Europe had been welcoming sons.
5. As Henry sought to end his marriage to Catherine, what did Cardinal Wolsey suggest she should do?
(a) Return to Spain.
(b) Enter a convent.
(c) Make Henry arrange another marriage for her.
(d) Confess that her marriage to Arthur was consummated.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose benefit did Henry gather evidence to prove his marriage to Catherine of Aragon was invalid?
2. Whom did Henry have a son with in 1519?
3. What country was Catherine of Aragon from?
4. What did Catherine of Aragon continue to do for Henry though he sought a divorce?
5. What does Fraser suggest as the reason for Henry's marriage to Catherine of Aragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pressure was on Catherine of Aragon in 1518?
2. In the prologue, what does the author explain as her purpose for writing "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
3. Where and when did Catherine marry Arthur? Who is noted as having attending their wedding?
4. What made King Henry believe his marriage to Catherine of Aragon was illegitimate?
5. With a desire to end his marriage, why did King Henry have his advisors look into its legitimacy?
6. What contributed to Prince Arthur's bad health?
7. What does Fraser speculate was the reason Henry VIII married Catherine of Aragon?
8. How did Catherine of Aragon come to be married into the English royal family?
9. What was Anne Boleyn's family background?
10. What is questioned about Catherine of Aragon and Prince Arthur's wedding night? Why?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)