|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Catherine and Arthur marry?
(a) Durham Cathedral.
(b) Worchester Cathedral.
(c) Wells Cathedral.
(d) St. Paul's Cathedral.
2. What was the aim of betrothing Catherine of Aragon to an English prince?
(a) To forge a treaty between their countries.
(b) To infiltrate the British Army.
(c) To have babies born on English soil.
(d) To follow through with an old promise between the countries.
3. Who later immortalized the speech Catherine of Aragon made at the tribunal In 1529?
(a) Christopher Marlowe.
(b) George Bernard Shaw.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Charles Dickens.
4. Which book of the Bible contained a passage which Henry used as grounds for divorce?
5. At whose request was Anne's relationship with Lord Percy ended?
(a) Anne's father's.
(b) Anne's own request.
(c) The King's sister Mary.
(d) King Henry's.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Catherine of Aragon live as a hostage of Henry VII?
2. After how many days did Catherine of Aragon and Henry's firstborn son die?
3. After Arthur's death, what caused Henry VII to be displeased with Catherine's father?
4. Emperor Charles entered into a treaty with ______________.
5. What was Arthur's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Anne Boleyn's family background?
2. In the prologue, what does the author explain as her purpose for writing "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
3. What contributed to Prince Arthur's bad health?
4. When did Catherine finally give birth to a healthy child? Why was there disappointment surrounding this child's birth?
5. Who gave birth to Henry VIII's son in 1519?
6. As Catherine of Aragon approached her fortieth birthday, what did Henry VIII focus his attention on?
7. What made King Henry believe his marriage to Catherine of Aragon was illegitimate?
8. What did Catherine of Aragon say in her speech at the tribunal at Blackfriars in 1529?
9. With a desire to end his marriage, why did King Henry have his advisors look into its legitimacy?
10. What was the result of Catherine's first two pregnancies?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)