|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped Anne Boleyn's father make a name for himself?
(a) His knowledge of languages.
(b) His political savvy.
(c) His money-making skills.
(d) His successes on the battlefield.
2. Which book of the Bible contained a passage which Henry used as grounds for divorce?
3. How big was the age difference between Henry's daughter and Charles of Austria?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Thirty-two years.
(d) Nineteen years.
4. What did Catherine of Aragon deny about her marriage to Arthur until her death?
(a) It was consummated.
(b) It was based on love.
(c) It was not consummated.
(d) It was illegal.
5. Who stopped the romance between Anne and Lord Percy?
(a) Cardinal Wolsey.
(b) Thomas Cromwell.
(c) Cardinal Pole.
(d) The Duke of Suffolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubled Catherine's parents' marriage?
2. Where did Catherine and Arthur marry?
3. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a part of the Boleyn family background?
4. What was the large gathering which took place in 1520 called?
5. What country was Catherine of Aragon from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Catherine of Aragon's parents? What is noted about her mother?
2. What did Cardinal Wolsey suggest Catherine of Aragon should do when Henry decided to end their marriage?
3. When did Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII marry? What happened to Catherine quickly after?
4. What was the result of Catherine's first two pregnancies?
5. What did Catherine of Aragon say in her speech at the tribunal at Blackfriars in 1529?
6. What are some examples of what Catherine of Aragon was taught as she grew up?
7. After Prince Arthur's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
8. What is questioned about Catherine of Aragon and Prince Arthur's wedding night? Why?
9. What was Anne Boleyn's family background?
10. When did Catherine finally give birth to a healthy child? Why was there disappointment surrounding this child's birth?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)