|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jane Seymour quickly befriend after marrying Henry?
(a) Princess Mary.
(b) Henry's sister, Margaret.
(c) Lady Rochford.
(d) Henry's closest advisor.
2. After Henry had banished Catherine of Aragon, what did he refuse to allow her to do?
(a) Make arrangements to return to Spain.
(b) Attend church services.
(c) See Mary, their daughter.
(d) Contact anyone other than himself.
3. Shortly after Catherine of Aragon's death, what happened to Anne Boleyn?
(a) She was given a new title and more property.
(b) She was accused of killing Katherine of Aragon.
(c) She was attacked by an angry mob.
(d) She had a miscarriage.
4. After giving birth, what did Jane Seymour contract?
(a) Sweating sickness.
(b) Puerperal fever.
(d) Scarlet fever.
5. Where did Henry go after seeing Catherine of Aragon for the last time?
6. After Catherine of Aragon's death, where did Henry have her body interred?
(a) Westminster Cathedral.
(b) Chester Cathedral.
(c) Durham Cathedral.
(d) Peterborough Cathedral.
7. Where was Jane Seymour buried?
(a) Hampton Court Palace.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Windsor Castle.
(d) St. James' Palace.
8. In what month was Anne Boleyn executed?
9. Where was Catherine of Aragon first taken after being banished by King Henry?
(a) Hunsdon House.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Hertford Castle.
(d) Eltham Palace.
10. How old was Henry when he married Katherine Howard?
(a) In his forties.
(b) In his sixties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his fifties.
11. Whom did Katherine live with before she came to court?
(a) The Duchess of Somerset.
(b) The Duchess of Norfolk.
(c) The Duchess of Suffolk.
(d) The Duchess of Northumberland.
12. Some time after marrying Henry, with whom did Katherine begin a flirtation?
(a) Thomas Tallis.
(b) Thomas Culpepper.
(c) Thomas Cranmer.
(d) Thomas Seymour.
13. What kind of marriage did the King's advisors seek for him after the death of Queen Jane?
(a) A politically advantageous one.
(b) A territorially advantageous one.
(c) One of genuine affection.
(d) A financially beneficial one.
14. What did Anne and Henry name their firstborn child?
15. After the birth of his child with Anne Boleyn, what did Henry immediately start to think about?
(a) Arranging a marriage for the child.
(b) Going to war in Europe.
(c) Where the child should be sent to be educated.
(d) Ending his marriage to Anne Boleyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometime after the death of Jane Seymour, which two countries entered into a treaty that made King Henry nervous?
2. After the birth of Anne and Henry's first child, what was required to be altered to reflect the child's sex?
3. In what season was Jane Seymour supposed to be crowned in a ceremony?
4. What about Anne's personality quickly began to irritate the King after they married?
5. Which of the following was NOT a candidate to marry King Henry after Queen Jane died?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)