|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a candidate to marry King Henry after Queen Jane died?
(a) The French King's cousins.
(b) The Duchess of Milan.
(c) A Portugese princess.
(d) Charles V's sister.
2. Anne and Henry named their firstborn child after ____________.
(a) Anne's sister.
(b) Henry's mother.
(c) Anne's mother.
(d) Henry's sister.
3. In what year did King Henry and Anna of Cleves marry?
4. How many men were accused of having affairs with Anne Boleyn?
5. After marrying Jane Seymour, what did Henry decide to do for Mary, his daughter?
(a) Reinstate her as one of his heirs.
(b) Build a country home for her.
(c) Choose her husband for her.
(d) Send her to stay with her mother's family in Spain.
6. Whenever Catherine of Aragon tried to fight for the legitimacy of her marriage what would Henry do?
(a) Lock Catherine in the Tower of London for a couple days.
(b) Move her to a less desirable lodging.
(c) Send one of his advisors to talk to Catherine.
(d) Cut off her finances.
7. What happened to Anne Boleyn one week after Henry's marriage to Catherine was declared invalid?
(a) Anne was arrested.
(b) Anne was crowned.
(c) Anne was invited to France.
(d) Anne gave birth.
8. In Chapter 9, who is said to have gone with Henry to visit the French king?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Cardinal Wolsey.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) Princess Mary.
9. Some time after marrying Henry, with whom did Katherine begin a flirtation?
(a) Thomas Tallis.
(b) Thomas Culpepper.
(c) Thomas Cranmer.
(d) Thomas Seymour.
10. What health condition caused Henry a lot of pain after he married Katherine Howard?
(a) A bad back.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) Ulcers on his leg.
11. How was Katherine punished for her infidelity?
(a) She was drawn and quartered.
(b) She was beheaded.
(c) She was hanged.
(d) She as burned at the stake.
12. Where did Henry go after seeing Catherine of Aragon for the last time?
13. Whom did Katherine live with before she came to court?
(a) The Duchess of Somerset.
(b) The Duchess of Northumberland.
(c) The Duchess of Norfolk.
(d) The Duchess of Suffolk.
14. Whom did Jane Seymour quickly befriend after marrying Henry?
(a) Princess Mary.
(b) Lady Rochford.
(c) Henry's sister, Margaret.
(d) Henry's closest advisor.
15. Following the delivery of a stillborn son in 1534, what did Anne make statements to imply about the King?
(a) He was impotent.
(b) The child was not Henry's.
(c) The King was afraid to go to war with France.
(d) The King had no want for a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. After banishing Catherine of Aragon, what did Henry attempt to get world leaders to accept?
2. What was the name of the young woman Henry met around 1535?
3. How many days did Queen Jane's labor last for?
4. What does the author suggest may have caused Katherine Howard to be distracted from her marriage?
5. What kind of marriage did the King's advisors seek for him after the death of Queen Jane?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)