|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did King Henry and Anna of Cleves marry?
2. Why was the ceremony to crown Jane Seymour canceled?
(a) There was an outbreak of a plague.
(b) Rebels threatened to disrupt the ceremony.
(c) A fire destroyed the building it was to be held in.
(d) Jane was ill.
3. What does the author suggest may have caused Katherine Howard to be distracted from her marriage?
(a) Henry's weight gain.
(b) Spending time with courtiers who were her own age.
(c) Her newly found religious fervor.
(d) Henry's constant absence as he led his army.
4. Whom did Jane Seymour quickly befriend after marrying Henry?
(a) Lady Rochford.
(b) Henry's closest advisor.
(c) Henry's sister, Margaret.
(d) Princess Mary.
5. After Henry and Anne married, what did he spend a great deal of money on?
(a) Preparing nurseries for their future children.
(b) Renovating Hever Castle.
(c) Commissioning portraits of Anne and their child.
(d) Building up his navy.
6. What was Henry disguised as when he rode to meet Anna of Cleves for the first time?
(a) A monk.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A guard.
(d) A messenger.
7. On the topic of their marriage, what lie did Anne Boleyn and Henry tell?
(a) Catherine of Aragon was present and approved.
(b) They claimed to have married two months earlier than they actually did.
(c) It rained on their wedding day symbolizing good luck.
(d) They invited common people from the street to attend.
8. What health condition caused Henry a lot of pain after he married Katherine Howard?
(a) A bad back.
(c) Ulcers on his leg.
(d) Migraine headaches.
9. How many days did Queen Jane's labor last for?
(a) Six days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
10. Where was Jane Seymour buried?
(a) Hampton Court Palace.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) St. James' Palace.
(d) Windsor Castle.
11. To which of Henry's wives was Katherine Howard related?
(a) Jane Seymour.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Catherine of Aragon.
(d) Anna of Cleves.
12. What did Henry and Jane name their firstborn son?
13. After Henry had banished Catherine of Aragon, what did he refuse to allow her to do?
(a) Make arrangements to return to Spain.
(b) Contact anyone other than himself.
(c) See Mary, their daughter.
(d) Attend church services.
14. In what month did Anne Boleyn and Henry marry?
15. How long had Henry been trying to divorce Catherine of Aragon?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whenever Catherine of Aragon tried to fight for the legitimacy of her marriage what would Henry do?
2. How many days after her son's birth did Jane Seymour die?
3. Who began to suffer health problems around 1535?
4. How was Katherine punished for her infidelity?
5. What was the name of the young woman Henry met around 1535?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)