|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following were NOT brought in to testify against Anne Boleyn?
(b) Anne's acquaintances.
(c) Henry's children.
2. Why did Katherine Howard come to court?
(a) To become the court singer.
(b) To marry a courtier.
(c) To serve Anna of Cleves.
(d) To receive an education.
3. To what person of high-standing was Anna of Cleves related?
(a) Her brother, a marquess.
(b) Her brother, a duke.
(c) Her father, a King.
(d) Her uncle, an Emperor.
4. Who judged the marriage between Henry and Catherine of Aragon to be invalid in May 1532?
(a) Henry himself.
(b) Archbishop Cranmer.
(c) The Pope in Rome.
(d) Cardinal Wolsey.
5. Who was Lady Rochford?
(a) Anne Boleyn's sister-in-law.
(b) Anne Boleyn's aunt.
(c) The King's cousin.
(d) Anne Boleyn's nurse maid.
6. After marrying Jane Seymour, what did Henry decide to do for Mary, his daughter?
(a) Reinstate her as one of his heirs.
(b) Build a country home for her.
(c) Choose her husband for her.
(d) Send her to stay with her mother's family in Spain.
7. What did Henry claim about the appearance of Anna of Cleves' nude body?
(a) It was evident she was not a virgin.
(b) It showed signs of abuse.
(c) It was true beauty.
(d) It reminded him of Anne Boleyn.
8. What does the author suggest may have caused Katherine Howard to be distracted from her marriage?
(a) Her newly found religious fervor.
(b) Henry's constant absence as he led his army.
(c) Henry's weight gain.
(d) Spending time with courtiers who were her own age.
9. After giving birth, what did Jane Seymour contract?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(b) Puerperal fever.
(c) Sweating sickness.
10. After the birth of Anne and Henry's first child, what was required to be altered to reflect the child's sex?
(a) The birth announcement.
(b) The line of succession.
(c) The color of the baby's room.
(d) The baby's wardrobe.
11. How many days after her son's birth did Jane Seymour die?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twenty days.
12. What was Henry disguised as when he rode to meet Anna of Cleves for the first time?
(a) A guard.
(b) A monk.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A messenger.
13. What did Anne and Henry name their firstborn child?
14. What health condition caused Henry a lot of pain after he married Katherine Howard?
(b) A bad back.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) Ulcers on his leg.
15. How old was Henry when he married Katherine Howard?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his fifties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his thirties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anne react whenever Henry appeared to take notice of young women at court?
2. Which area of Henry's kingdom was particularly restless due to the religious revolution?
3. After Henry and Anne married, what did he spend a great deal of money on?
4. What was the name of the young woman Henry met around 1535?
5. Where did a swordsman travel from in order to execute Anne Boleyn?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)