|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine of Aragon continue to do for Henry though he sought a divorce?
(a) Bake him pies.
(b) Organize his daily schedule.
(c) Make his shirts.
(d) Give alms on his behalf.
2. What do historians question about Arthur and Catherine's marriage?
(a) Whether they loved each other.
(b) Whether he could have children.
(c) Whether it was ever consummated.
(d) Whether they lived together during their first year of marriage.
3. After her husband's death, what did Catherine of Aragon often struggle to do?
(a) Get out of bed in the morning.
(b) Feed herself and her servants.
(c) Forget her dead husband.
(d) Forgive the Tudor family.
4. What did Henry name his first illegitimate son?
(a) Henry Frank.
(b) Henry Fitzroy.
(c) Henry Frances.
(d) Henry Frederick.
5. In what month did Catherine of Aragon give birth to a child in 1516?
6. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Copper Dreams.
(b) Bronze Crown.
(c) Silver Garden.
(d) Golden World.
7. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
8. Who died shortly after Catherine of Aragon gave birth in 1516?
(a) The baby.
(c) King Henry VII.
(d) Ferdinand of Aragon.
9. Which title did Henry bestow on his illegitimate son in Chapter 5?
(a) Duke of Lancaster.
(b) Duke of Richmond.
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) Duke of York.
10. Where was a tribunal held to investigate the legitimacy of the marriage between Catherine of Aragon and King Henry?
11. Around the same time Henry sought a divorce from Catherine of Aragon, what position did parliament decide King Henry held?
(a) Supreme Admiral of the Royal Navy.
(b) Son of God on Earth.
(c) Commander of the Judiciary.
(d) Supreme Head of the Church of England.
12. In what year did Henry decide he must have a divorce from Catherine of Aragon?
13. What helped Anne Boleyn's father make a name for himself?
(a) His successes on the battlefield.
(b) His money-making skills.
(c) His knowledge of languages.
(d) His political savvy.
14. In which country outside of England did Anne live with her family?
15. Why was Anne brought back to England around 1521?
(a) So that a marriage could be arranged for her.
(b) Her mother had died.
(c) She was invited to live in Henry's court.
(d) She had been misbehaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book of the Bible contained a passage which Henry used as grounds for divorce?
2. Catherine of Aragon heard about the investigation into her marriage from ______________.
3. What age was Catherine of Aragon when her marriage was arranged?
4. Where was Catherine crowned Queen of England?
5. What country was Catherine of Aragon from?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)