|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emperor Charles entered into a treaty with ______________.
2. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Sixteen years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
3. Where did Anne receive her education?
(a) In Grand Duchess Maria Magdalena's court.
(b) In Archduchess Maria Anna's court.
(c) In Archduchess Margaret's court.
(d) In Princess Anne Élisabeth's court.
4. What did Catherine of Aragon deny about her marriage to Arthur until her death?
(a) It was based on love.
(b) It was illegal.
(c) It was not consummated.
(d) It was consummated.
5. What helped Anne Boleyn's father make a name for himself?
(a) His money-making skills.
(b) His knowledge of languages.
(c) His political savvy.
(d) His successes on the battlefield.
6. What did King Henry VII's death follow?
(a) A battle.
(b) A birth.
(c) A short illness.
(d) A celebration.
7. What is blamed for Arthur's lifelong health problems?
(a) He did not eat healthy foods.
(b) He had a chronic condition.
(c) He was born prematurely.
(d) He did not venture outside often.
8. What did Catherine of Aragon and Henry name the child born to them in 1516?
9. What was Catherine of Aragon's relationship with Emperor Charles?
(a) She was his cousin.
(b) She was his aunt.
(c) She was his niece.
(d) She was his sister.
10. What was the result of Catherine of Aragon's first pregnancy?
(a) Twin girls.
(b) A stillborn baby girl.
(c) A stillborn baby boy.
(d) A healthy baby girl.
11. Which nations were involved in the gathering which took place in 1520?
(a) England and France.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) Spain and Portugal.
(d) France and Italy.
12. How did Henry and Catherine of Aragon feel about Emperor Charles' decision to marry?
13. Whom did Henry have a son with in 1519?
(a) Bessie Bibbs..
(b) Bessie Bandings.
(c) Bessie Blander.
(d) Bessie Blount.
14. Who stopped the romance between Anne and Lord Percy?
(a) The Duke of Suffolk.
(b) Cardinal Wolsey.
(c) Cardinal Pole.
(d) Thomas Cromwell.
15. Why was there disappointment surrounding the birth of Catherine and Henry's child in 1516?
(a) The baby was not a girl.
(b) The baby was not a boy.
(c) The baby was not fair-skinned.
(d) The baby was deformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which title did Henry bestow on his illegitimate son in Chapter 5?
2. After her husband's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
3. After how many days did Catherine of Aragon and Henry's firstborn son die?
4. In what month did Catherine of Aragon give birth to a child in 1516?
5. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a part of the Boleyn family background?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)