|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stopped the romance between Anne and Lord Percy?
(a) Thomas Cromwell.
(b) The Duke of Suffolk.
(c) Cardinal Wolsey.
(d) Cardinal Pole.
2. What was the name of Henry VII's wife?
(a) Anne of York.
(b) Elizabeth of York.
(c) Mary of York.
(d) Catherine of York.
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) Golden World.
(b) Bronze Crown.
(c) Copper Dreams.
(d) Silver Garden.
4. Which of Henry's sisters was married to the King of France?
5. At whose request was Anne's relationship with Lord Percy ended?
(a) Anne's father's.
(b) The King's sister Mary.
(c) King Henry's.
(d) Anne's own request.
6. In what year did Henry decide he must have a divorce from Catherine of Aragon?
7. Immediately after Arthur's death, whom was it suggested for Catherine to marry next?
(a) A previous suitor from her homeland.
(b) Prince Henry.
(c) The King of France.
(d) King Henry VII.
8. After his wife's death, some believed that Henry VII wished to marry __________.
(a) His mistress.
(b) Catherine's mother.
(c) The princess of Italy.
(d) Catherine of Aragon.
9. Which book of the Bible contained a passage which Henry used as grounds for divorce?
10. In what month did Catherine of Aragon give birth to a child in 1516?
11. What was Arthur's title?
(a) Grand Duke.
(b) King of England.
(d) Prince of Wales.
12. What was Catherine of Aragon's relationship with Emperor Charles?
(a) She was his cousin.
(b) She was his niece.
(c) She was his sister.
(d) She was his aunt.
13. Emperor Charles entered into a marriage contract with __________.
(a) Eleanor of France.
(b) Gemma of Austria.
(c) Isabella of Portugal.
(d) Anna of Germany.
14. After Arthur's death, what caused Henry VII to be displeased with Catherine's father?
(a) Catherine's father would not allow Catherine to remain in England.
(b) Catherine's father did not agree with Henry's politics.
(c) Catherine's father had not yet paid her dowry.
(d) Catherine's father would not accept Henry's bribe.
15. Whom did Henry have a son with in 1519?
(a) Bessie Bandings.
(b) Bessie Blount.
(c) Bessie Blander.
(d) Bessie Bibbs..
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was Catherine of Aragon approaching in the early 1520s?
2. What was the large gathering which took place in 1520 called?
3. What interest did Henry have in Charles of Austria?
4. Which royal house did Henry VII hope to create a bond with through marriage?
5. Catherine of Aragon and Henry's firstborn son died of ___________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)