|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry expect would happen if he married Anne Boleyn?
(a) The people would quickly grow to love Anne.
(b) His treaty with France would strengthen.
(c) Mary would never speak to him again.
(d) She would quickly give him a son.
2. Which nations were involved in the gathering which took place in 1520?
(a) France and Italy.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) England and France.
(d) Spain and Portugal.
3. What age was Catherine of Aragon when her marriage was arranged?
(a) She was a teenager.
(b) She was a toddler.
(c) She was an adult.
(d) She was an infant.
4. What is blamed for Arthur's lifelong health problems?
(a) He was born prematurely.
(b) He did not venture outside often.
(c) He did not eat healthy foods.
(d) He had a chronic condition.
5. Who stopped the romance between Anne and Lord Percy?
(a) Cardinal Pole.
(b) Cardinal Wolsey.
(c) Thomas Cromwell.
(d) The Duke of Suffolk.
6. Immediately after Arthur's death, whom was it suggested for Catherine to marry next?
(a) The King of France.
(b) A previous suitor from her homeland.
(c) King Henry VII.
(d) Prince Henry.
7. After how many days did Catherine of Aragon and Henry's firstborn son die?
(a) Fifty-two days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Eighty days.
(d) Seventeen days.
8. What does Fraser suggest as the reason for Henry's marriage to Catherine of Aragon?
(a) He was trying to make his father angry.
(b) He wanted to keep his promise to his brother to take care of her.
(c) He trusted her.
(d) He loved her.
9. In what year were Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII married?
10. What was the result of Catherine of Aragon's first pregnancy?
(a) A healthy baby girl.
(b) Twin girls.
(c) A stillborn baby girl.
(d) A stillborn baby boy.
11. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a part of the Boleyn family background?
(b) An earl.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A duke.
12. How long were Catherine and Arthur married before his death?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
13. What do historians question about Arthur and Catherine's marriage?
(a) Whether it was ever consummated.
(b) Whether he could have children.
(c) Whether they lived together during their first year of marriage.
(d) Whether they loved each other.
14. Around the same time Henry sought a divorce from Catherine of Aragon, what position did parliament decide King Henry held?
(a) Son of God on Earth.
(b) Commander of the Judiciary.
(c) Supreme Head of the Church of England.
(d) Supreme Admiral of the Royal Navy.
15. Why was Henry particularly happy about his child born in 1516?
(a) The baby was a boy.
(b) The baby had auburn hair.
(c) The baby was healthy.
(d) The baby was a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
2. Which of Henry's sisters was married to the King of France?
3. What do historians often question about the romance Anne had with Lord Percy?
4. At the same time that Henry sought a divorce from Catherine of Aragon, what was troubling parliament?
5. Emperor Charles entered into a marriage contract with __________.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)