|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Catherine Parr: Chapter 17, Necessity and the Widow, Chapter 18, Obedient to Husbands, Chapter 19, Farewell Admirable Queen, and Epilogue, What the King Lusted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which royal house did Henry VII hope to create a bond with through marriage?
(a) The Hensworths.
(b) The Habsburgs.
(c) The Hanovers.
(d) The Heinzes.
2. Who was Catherine of Aragon's mother?
(a) Anne of Kent.
(b) Isabella of Castile.
(c) Luciana of Moura.
(d) Josephine of Dieppe.
3. What does the author hope to do in "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
(a) Present the lives of Henry's wives in a more dramatic way.
(b) Present a comprehensive look of Henry VIII's life.
(c) Show her readers who the wives of Henry VIII really were.
(d) Prove the rumors right.
4. What troubled Catherine's parents' marriage?
(a) Her father's infidelity.
(b) Her mother's inability to have more children.
(c) Her mother's depression.
(d) Money issues.
5. What about Anne's personality quickly began to irritate the King after they married?
(a) Her naivete.
(b) Her temper tantrums.
(c) Her scheming.
(d) Her prudishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Catherine of Aragon live as a hostage of Henry VII?
2. What did Henry name his first illegitimate son?
3. In the early 1520s, what became apparent about Catherine of Aragon?
4. Catherine of Aragon heard about the investigation into her marriage from ______________.
5. To what person of high-standing was Anna of Cleves related?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)