|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Catherine Parr: Chapter 17, Necessity and the Widow, Chapter 18, Obedient to Husbands, Chapter 19, Farewell Admirable Queen, and Epilogue, What the King Lusted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Anne Boleyn's father hold?
(a) Court jester.
(b) Lord Treasurer.
2. After giving birth, what did Jane Seymour contract?
(a) Puerperal fever.
(c) Sweating sickness.
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. What was Anna of Cleves' cause of death?
(b) The plague.
(c) Heart failure.
(d) She was kicked by a horse.
4. What does the author claim about much of what is widely-believed about Henry VIII's wives?
(a) It is accurate.
(b) It is the tip of the iceberg of what is actually known about them.
(c) It is historically wrong.
(d) It is uninteresting.
5. What did Catherine of Aragon deny about her marriage to Arthur until her death?
(a) It was not consummated.
(b) It was consummated.
(c) It was based on love.
(d) It was illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Catherine Parr and King Henry marry?
2. It is noted that before Henry's death he did not ____________?
3. In what year were Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII married?
4. Why was the ceremony to crown Jane Seymour canceled?
5. Where was Anne Boleyn taken after she was arrested in 1536?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)