|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Catherine Parr: Chapter 17, Necessity and the Widow, Chapter 18, Obedient to Husbands, Chapter 19, Farewell Admirable Queen, and Epilogue, What the King Lusted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age was Catherine of Aragon when her marriage was arranged?
(a) She was an adult.
(b) She was a teenager.
(c) She was a toddler.
(d) She was an infant.
2. What position did Anne Boleyn's father hold?
(a) Court jester.
(c) Lord Treasurer.
3. Which book of the Bible contained a passage which Henry used as grounds for divorce?
4. What was the aim of betrothing Catherine of Aragon to an English prince?
(a) To infiltrate the British Army.
(b) To forge a treaty between their countries.
(c) To follow through with an old promise between the countries.
(d) To have babies born on English soil.
5. At the tribunal in 1529, what did Catherine claim about King Henry?
(a) He was not Henry Fitzroy's true father.
(b) He knew she was a virgin when they married.
(c) Anne Boleyn had encouraged Henry to divorce her.
(d) He was not a man of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the birth of Anne and Henry's first child, what was required to be altered to reflect the child's sex?
2. Who was Catherine of Aragon's father?
3. How did Henry and Catherine of Aragon feel about Emperor Charles' decision to marry?
4. What did Henry claim about the appearance of Anna of Cleves' nude body?
5. What did Anne and Henry name their firstborn child?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)