|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Jane Seymour: Chapter 11, Very Modest Behavior, Chapter 12, The Third Marriage, and Chapter 13, Entirely Beloved.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of wedding did Anne Boleyn and Henry have?
(a) A summer wedding.
(b) A fake wedding.
(c) A lavish wedding.
(d) A secret wedding.
2. What did Catherine of Aragon and Henry name their firstborn son?
3. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
(a) Boys were considered good luck.
(b) Many monarchs around Europe had been welcoming sons.
(c) England would not be taken over by an outsider if a boy was born.
(d) Henry wanted to have a son to bond with.
4. Following the delivery of a stillborn son in 1534, what did Anne make statements to imply about the King?
(a) The King was afraid to go to war with France.
(b) He was impotent.
(c) The child was not Henry's.
(d) The King had no want for a son.
5. Catherine of Aragon and Henry's firstborn son died of ___________.
(a) Rheumatic heart disease.
(b) Unknown causes.
(c) A plague.
(d) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Catherine of Aragon give birth to a child in 1516?
2. What do historians often question about the romance Anne had with Lord Percy?
3. After her husband's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
4. What happened to Anne Boleyn one week after Henry's marriage to Catherine was declared invalid?
5. What did Henry and Jane name their firstborn son?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)