|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Anne Boleyn: Chapter 6, A Fresh Young Damsel, Chapter 7, The King and His Lady, and Chapter 8, People May Grumble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being stuck in England for many years, how did Catherine finally stand up to the King?
(a) She publically announced her return to her country.
(b) She arranged her own transportation to leave the country.
(c) She bribed him.
(d) She used her feminine wiles.
2. In what year were Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII married?
3. After Arthur's death, what caused Henry VII to be displeased with Catherine's father?
(a) Catherine's father did not agree with Henry's politics.
(b) Catherine's father had not yet paid her dowry.
(c) Catherine's father would not allow Catherine to remain in England.
(d) Catherine's father would not accept Henry's bribe.
4. Which of Henry's sisters was married to the King of France?
5. At the tribunal in 1529, what did Catherine claim about King Henry?
(a) He was not a man of God.
(b) He was not Henry Fitzroy's true father.
(c) He knew she was a virgin when they married.
(d) Anne Boleyn had encouraged Henry to divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Immediately after Arthur's death, whom was it suggested for Catherine to marry next?
2. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a part of the Boleyn family background?
3. Which royal house did Henry VII hope to create a bond with through marriage?
4. How old was Catherine when she traveled to England to meet her husband?
5. Why do historians wonder why Henry VIII married Catherine of Aragon?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)