|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Anne Boleyn: Chapter 6, A Fresh Young Damsel, Chapter 7, The King and His Lady, and Chapter 8, People May Grumble.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the tribunal in 1529, what did Catherine claim about King Henry?
(a) He knew she was a virgin when they married.
(b) He was not Henry Fitzroy's true father.
(c) Anne Boleyn had encouraged Henry to divorce her.
(d) He was not a man of God.
2. Immediately after Arthur's death, whom was it suggested for Catherine to marry next?
(a) Prince Henry.
(b) The King of France.
(c) A previous suitor from her homeland.
(d) King Henry VII.
3. After being stuck in England for many years, how did Catherine finally stand up to the King?
(a) She arranged her own transportation to leave the country.
(b) She publically announced her return to her country.
(c) She bribed him.
(d) She used her feminine wiles.
4. Where did Catherine and Arthur marry?
(a) Wells Cathedral.
(b) Worchester Cathedral.
(c) Durham Cathedral.
(d) St. Paul's Cathedral.
5. Who later immortalized the speech Catherine of Aragon made at the tribunal In 1529?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Christopher Marlowe.
(c) George Bernard Shaw.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a marriage prospect that was considered for Anne?
2. How big was the age difference between Henry's daughter and Charles of Austria?
3. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
4. What does the author claim about much of what is widely-believed about Henry VIII's wives?
5. Why do historians wonder why Henry VIII married Catherine of Aragon?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)