|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 3, Golden World, Chapter 4, Example of Wedlock, and Chapter 5, Without an Heir Male.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry name his first illegitimate son?
(a) Henry Frank.
(b) Henry Fitzroy.
(c) Henry Frederick.
(d) Henry Frances.
2. What country was Catherine of Aragon from?
3. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
(a) Boys were considered good luck.
(b) Many monarchs around Europe had been welcoming sons.
(c) England would not be taken over by an outsider if a boy was born.
(d) Henry wanted to have a son to bond with.
4. Who died shortly after Catherine of Aragon gave birth in 1516?
(a) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(b) King Henry VII.
(c) The baby.
5. What was the name of Henry VII's wife?
(a) Catherine of York.
(b) Mary of York.
(c) Elizabeth of York.
(d) Anne of York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry and Catherine of Aragon feel about Emperor Charles' decision to marry?
2. What was the aim of betrothing Catherine of Aragon to an English prince?
3. In what year were Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII married?
4. Why was Henry particularly happy about his child born in 1516?
5. One of the individuals whom Henry considered betrothing his daughter to was ___________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)