|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 3, Golden World, Chapter 4, Example of Wedlock, and Chapter 5, Without an Heir Male.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Catherine of Aragon's relationship with Emperor Charles?
(a) She was his cousin.
(b) She was his niece.
(c) She was his sister.
(d) She was his aunt.
2. What did Catherine of Aragon receive which many of her contemporaries did not?
(a) A dowry.
(b) An offer of marriage.
(c) An education.
(d) A special medal.
3. After being stuck in England for many years, how did Catherine finally stand up to the King?
(a) She arranged her own transportation to leave the country.
(b) She bribed him.
(c) She used her feminine wiles.
(d) She publically announced her return to her country.
4. What was Arthur's title?
(a) Prince of Wales.
(c) Grand Duke.
(d) King of England.
5. After his wife's death, some believed that Henry VII wished to marry __________.
(a) Catherine of Aragon.
(b) His mistress.
(c) Catherine's mother.
(d) The princess of Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry name his first illegitimate son?
2. In what month did Catherine of Aragon give birth to a child in 1516?
3. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
4. Where was Catherine crowned Queen of England?
5. For how many years did Catherine of Aragon live as a hostage of Henry VII?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)