|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Part, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 1, Arthur's Dearest Spouse and Chapter 2, The Princess in his Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Immediately after Arthur's death, whom was it suggested for Catherine to marry next?
(a) A previous suitor from her homeland.
(b) The King of France.
(c) King Henry VII.
(d) Prince Henry.
2. What did Catherine of Aragon deny about her marriage to Arthur until her death?
(a) It was not consummated.
(b) It was based on love.
(c) It was illegal.
(d) It was consummated.
3. What troubled Catherine's parents' marriage?
(a) Her mother's depression.
(b) Her mother's inability to have more children.
(c) Her father's infidelity.
(d) Money issues.
4. How old was Catherine when she traveled to England to meet her husband?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
5. What did King Henry VII's death follow?
(a) A celebration.
(b) A battle.
(c) A short illness.
(d) A birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Catherine of Aragon live as a hostage of Henry VII?
2. In what month did Catherine of Aragon and Arthur marry?
3. Which royal house did Henry VII hope to create a bond with through marriage?
4. Who was Catherine of Aragon's mother?
5. After her husband's death, what happened to Catherine of Aragon?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)