|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Part, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 1, Arthur's Dearest Spouse and Chapter 2, The Princess in his Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did King Henry VII's death follow?
(a) A celebration.
(b) A short illness.
(c) A battle.
(d) A birth.
2. Where did Catherine and Arthur marry?
(a) Wells Cathedral.
(b) Worchester Cathedral.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) Durham Cathedral.
3. What troubled Catherine's parents' marriage?
(a) Her mother's depression.
(b) Her mother's inability to have more children.
(c) Money issues.
(d) Her father's infidelity.
4. What does the author claim about much of what is widely-believed about Henry VIII's wives?
(a) It is uninteresting.
(b) It is accurate.
(c) It is the tip of the iceberg of what is actually known about them.
(d) It is historically wrong.
5. Who was Catherine of Aragon's mother?
(a) Anne of Kent.
(b) Isabella of Castile.
(c) Josephine of Dieppe.
(d) Luciana of Moura.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Arthur's death, what caused Henry VII to be displeased with Catherine's father?
2. What did Catherine of Aragon deny about her marriage to Arthur until her death?
3. For how many years did Catherine of Aragon live as a hostage of Henry VII?
4. How long were Catherine and Arthur married before his death?
5. What do historians question about Arthur and Catherine's marriage?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)