|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Part, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 1, Arthur's Dearest Spouse and Chapter 2, The Princess in his Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine of Aragon receive which many of her contemporaries did not?
(a) An education.
(b) A dowry.
(c) A special medal.
(d) An offer of marriage.
2. Where did Catherine and Arthur marry?
(a) Wells Cathedral.
(b) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) Durham Cathedral.
(d) Worchester Cathedral.
3. After his wife's death, some believed that Henry VII wished to marry __________.
(a) His mistress.
(b) The princess of Italy.
(c) Catherine of Aragon.
(d) Catherine's mother.
4. After being stuck in England for many years, how did Catherine finally stand up to the King?
(a) She bribed him.
(b) She arranged her own transportation to leave the country.
(c) She publically announced her return to her country.
(d) She used her feminine wiles.
5. What do historians question about Arthur and Catherine's marriage?
(a) Whether he could have children.
(b) Whether they lived together during their first year of marriage.
(c) Whether they loved each other.
(d) Whether it was ever consummated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Henry VII's death follow?
2. What does the author claim about much of what is widely-believed about Henry VIII's wives?
3. What was the name of Henry VII's wife?
4. For how many years did Catherine of Aragon live as a hostage of Henry VII?
5. What does the author hope to do in "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)