|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 3, Golden World, Chapter 4, Example of Wedlock, and Chapter 5, Without an Heir Male.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died shortly after Catherine of Aragon gave birth in 1516?
(a) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(b) King Henry VII.
(d) The baby.
2. What was the large gathering which took place in 1520 called?
(a) The Desert of White Cotton.
(b) The Field of Cloth of Gold.
(c) The Valley of Silver Armor.
(d) The Forest of Woolen Bronz.
3. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
(a) Henry wanted to have a son to bond with.
(b) Many monarchs around Europe had been welcoming sons.
(c) Boys were considered good luck.
(d) England would not be taken over by an outsider if a boy was born.
4. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
5. Why was Henry particularly happy about his child born in 1516?
(a) The baby was a boy.
(b) The baby had auburn hair.
(c) The baby was a girl.
(d) The baby was healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
2. What did King Henry VII's death follow?
3. After how many days did Catherine of Aragon and Henry's firstborn son die?
4. What is blamed for Arthur's lifelong health problems?
5. What did Catherine of Aragon deny about her marriage to Arthur until her death?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)