|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 3, Golden World, Chapter 4, Example of Wedlock, and Chapter 5, Without an Heir Male.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Catherine of Aragon's relationship with Emperor Charles?
(a) She was his cousin.
(b) She was his aunt.
(c) She was his sister.
(d) She was his niece.
2. Why was there particular pressure for Catherine of Aragon's pregnancy in 1518 to result in the birth of a boy?
(a) Many monarchs around Europe had been welcoming sons.
(b) Henry wanted to have a son to bond with.
(c) Boys were considered good luck.
(d) England would not be taken over by an outsider if a boy was born.
3. After his wife's death, some believed that Henry VII wished to marry __________.
(a) The princess of Italy.
(b) His mistress.
(c) Catherine's mother.
(d) Catherine of Aragon.
4. Which nations were involved in the gathering which took place in 1520?
(a) France and Italy.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) England and France.
(d) Spain and Portugal.
5. What does Fraser suggest as the reason for Henry's marriage to Catherine of Aragon?
(a) He trusted her.
(b) He wanted to keep his promise to his brother to take care of her.
(c) He loved her.
(d) He was trying to make his father angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which title did Henry bestow on his illegitimate son in Chapter 5?
2. What did Catherine of Aragon receive which many of her contemporaries did not?
3. After Arthur's death, what caused Henry VII to be displeased with Catherine's father?
4. Why was there disappointment surrounding the birth of Catherine and Henry's child in 1516?
5. Which of Catherine of Aragon's relatives is noted for leading armies on the battlefield?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)