|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 3, Golden World, Chapter 4, Example of Wedlock, and Chapter 5, Without an Heir Male.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Catherine of Aragon's relatives is noted for leading armies on the battlefield?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her uncle.
2. Who is the author of "The Wives of Henry VIII"?
(a) James P. Carley.
(b) Alison Weir.
(c) Antonia Fraser.
(d) Margaret George.
3. What does the author claim about much of what is widely-believed about Henry VIII's wives?
(a) It is uninteresting.
(b) It is the tip of the iceberg of what is actually known about them.
(c) It is historically wrong.
(d) It is accurate.
4. What was Arthur's title?
(a) King of England.
(b) Grand Duke.
(d) Prince of Wales.
5. Who died shortly after Catherine of Aragon gave birth in 1516?
(a) King Henry VII.
(b) The baby.
(c) Ferdinand of Aragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was Catherine of Aragon approaching in the early 1520s?
2. Who was Catherine of Aragon's mother?
3. How old was Prince Henry when Arthur and Catherine married?
4. Which title did Henry bestow on his illegitimate son in Chapter 5?
5. Why do historians wonder why Henry VIII married Catherine of Aragon?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)