Prologue and Part, Catherine of Aragon: Chapter 1, Arthur's Dearest Spouse and Chapter 2, The Princess in his Power
• In the prologue, Fraser sets out to debunk myths about the wives of Henry VIII.
• Catherine of Aragon was born to Isabella of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon, the Catholic Kings.
• Catherine of Aragon's mother would often lead her army into battle.
• As a toddler, Catherine of Aragon was promised to Arthur, the Prince of Wales, to create a treaty between England and Spain.
• Catherine of Aragon traveled to England at the age of fifteen to meet her betrothed husband.
• A question remains as to whether Catherine and Arthur's marriage was consummated. He had always been in bad health.
• After six months of marriage, Arthur died. It was immediately suggested Catherine should marry Arthur's younger brother Henry.
• Henry VII backed away from the plan to marry Catherine to his son Henry...
This section contains 1,559 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)