|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's grandmother claim children should never do in "Hello Grandmamma," calling it a "dangerous habit."
2. What does the narrator's grandmother order for dinner in "In the Kitchen"?
3. How many doses of the Mouse-Maker is the narrator forced to drink in "Metamorphosis"?
4. What is Mrs. Jenkins doing when the narrator's grandmother approaches them in the Lounge to discuss Bruno in “Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno”?
5. How many cars does Bruno claim his family owns, according to the narrator in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator infiltrate the Grand High Witch's hotel room in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
2. How does Bruno respond when confronted by the narrator in "Bruno"?
3. How does the narrator escape the kitchen in "In the Kitchen"?
4. How is the setting of the Dining Room described when the narrator's grandmother arrives there in "In the Kitchen"?
5. Where does the narrator find the vials in the Grand High Witch's room in "The Mouse-Burglar"? How does he obtain one of the vials?
6. How does the narrator manage to get the Mouse-Maker into the correct pot in "In the Kitchen"?
7. What happens when the narrator is discovered by the witches in "Metamorphosis"?
8. How does the Grand High Witch detail the witches' agenda in "The Ancient Ones"?
9. What does the narrator note about the frogs he encounters in the Grand High Witch's room in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
10. How do Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins respond to the narrator's grandmother's story in "Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narrator's actions, objectives, and obstacles as he steals the Mouse-Maker from the Grand High Witch's hotel room. Where does he find the potion? Where does he go when the Grand High Witch returns? How does he escape the room?
Essay Topic 2
How does the narrator's grandmother react when she discovers what has happened to her grandson? What information does the narrator relate to his grandmother regarding the events of the meeting? What plan do they develop?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrator's first encounter with a witch. When and where does this encounter take place? What does the witch look like? What does she offer the narrator? How is he "rescued" from the situation?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)