|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Meeting" – "The Recipe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from "The Recipe" means smug or braggartly?
2. What color is the magical formula called "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
3. About how old is the woman who stands on the platform described as in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
4. How many encounters with witches does the narrator describe having before he was eight years old in "My Grandmother"?
5. What is the man carrying when he comes to the narrator's grandmother's house in "The Grand High Witch"?
(a) A grocery bag.
(b) A heavy suitcase.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A bread basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives off the most ghastly stench to a witch, according to the narrator's grandmother in "How to Recognize a Witch"?
2. What happened to the fourth child that the narrator's grandmother knows who was taken by witches?
3. How many trunks of counterfeit money does the Grand High Witch say she has brought with her in "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
4. About how old was the first of the children that was taken by the witches that the narrator's grandmother knew?
5. Grandma describes witches as being as bald as what in "How to Recognize a Witch"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)