|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mr. Jenkins and His Son" – "It’s Off to Work We Go".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator's grandmother say an "ordinary mouse" lives in "The Heart of a Mouse"?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Three years.
2. What does the narrator's grandmother use to make him a tiny toothbrush in "The Heart of a Mouse"?
(a) A cat's hair.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A matchstick.
(d) A twig.
3. How many encounters with witches does the narrator describe having before he was eight years old in "My Grandmother"?
4. What does the Grand High Witch tell her subjects to do before assembling in the Dining Room for supper in “The Ancient Ones”?
(a) To dress in pants instead of skirts.
(b) To shave their heads and leave their wigs off.
(c) To put cotton plugs up their noses.
(d) To wear their capes and gloves.
5. What does the narrator's grandmother order for dinner in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) French onion soup and a salad.
(b) Steak and mashed potatoes.
(c) Broiled chicken and rice.
(d) Pea soup and roast lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's grandmother's response when he asks her in "It’s Off to Work We Go!" "Have I become a mouse for nothing at all?"
2. What is the first ingredient for the Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
3. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma" that the Grand High Witch makes it a rule to do what at each Annual Meeting?
4. What is Bruno's response when the narrator's grandmother asks him "Why on earth didn't you speak up and tell your father who you were?" in "The Plan"?
5. What does the narrator's grandmother knock over with her walking stick in "It’s Off to Work We Go!"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)