|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mr. Jenkins and His Son" – "It’s Off to Work We Go".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's grandmother use to make him a tiny toothbrush in "The Heart of a Mouse"?
(a) A cat's hair.
(b) A matchstick.
(c) A twig.
(d) A toothpick.
2. What response do Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins have to the narrator's grandmother's story about Bruno in "Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno"?
(a) They begin to weep.
(b) They believe she is mad.
(c) They give heed to her story.
(d) They ask to see Bruno in mouse form.
3. What vegetable does the narrator's grandmother order with her entree in "In the Kitchen"?
4. The narrator says in "The Recipe" that the witches in the room are thinking of nothing except what?
(a) The police and their threats.
(b) The hotel manager and his threats.
(c) The Grand High Witch and her plan.
(d) How to find Bruno and bring him to the room.
5. What is the narrator's room number at the hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's grandmother have for supper in "It’s Off to Work We Go!"?
2. What does the Grand High Witch say she will do to the narrator when she sniffs him out in "The Recipe"?
3. What is notable about a witch's feet, according to the narrator's grandmother in "How to Recognize a Witch"?
4. What literary device is used in the following sentence from "A Note About Witches": "Then the witch stalks the wretched child like a hunter stalking a little bird in the forest"?
5. What does the Grand High Witch tell her subjects to do before assembling in the Dining Room for supper in “The Ancient Ones”?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)