|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mr. Jenkins and His Son" – "It’s Off to Work We Go".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's grandmother remind him that he has as she prepares to leave for the Dining Room in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) A tail.
(b) A brain.
(c) Sharp teeth.
2. Where does the narrator leave the empty bottle when he leaves the kitchen in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) Behind a saucepan.
(b) On the work counter.
(c) Behind the trashcan.
(d) In a chef's pocket.
3. What happened to the fifth child the grandmother describes who was taken by witches?
(a) He turned into a porpoise.
(b) He turned into a frog.
(c) He turned into stone.
(d) He turned into a chicken.
4. How long does the narrator's grandmother say an "ordinary mouse" lives in "The Heart of a Mouse"?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Eight years.
5. What does the narrator say he hates the tastes of now that he has become a mouse in "The Heart of a Mouse"?
(a) Meat and eggs.
(b) Sweets and chocolate.
(c) Vegetables and fruits.
(d) Coffee and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the narrator describe seeing a trapeze artist in "In the Kitchen"?
2. What does a "real witch" spend all her time plotting, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
3. What happened to the fourth child that the narrator's grandmother knows who was taken by witches?
4. What is the narrator's room number at the hotel?
5. What does the Grand High Witch say she will do to the narrator when she sniffs him out in "The Recipe"?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)