|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry demand Rowena do?
(a) Finding a spell to change him back.
(b) Trying to pull him out of the ground.
(c) Focus on helping him.
(d) Getting the fire department out to help.
2. Who is Uncle Poot?
(a) A dowser.
(b) A dam expert.
(c) Adam's favorite uncle.
(d) Polly's uncle who is an engineer.
3. What do Adam and his father do with the excess water?
(a) Channel it away from the fields.
(b) They do not know what to do.
(c) Put it in tanks.
(d) Let it lie in the pond.
4. What happens when Polly speaks sharply?
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She starts croaking.
5. What stories had Henry fabricated?
(a) About a girlfriend back home.
(b) His travel stories.
(c) The things the machinery he sells can do.
(d) About saving several people from death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam dig for his mother's garden?
2. Who comes out to the farm?
3. About what does Sam learn in the library?
4. What does someone say about how the water problem might have been caused?
5. What does Adam's father tell Adam the family will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam's ma tell him when he goes down to breakfast?
2. What happens when Polly becomes desperate?
3. What does Stew Meat realize and what does he do?
4. What does Stew Meat say happens just as he is closing his store?
5. How do the three young people turn out?
6. What will happen eventually if the water does not stop flowing?
7. What does Adam's father say about Uncle Poot and what is Adam's response?
8. What does Adam do after school and how do Eunice and Agatha and others treat him?
9. What does Sam bring back for Henry and what does he say when Rowena tells Sam about what Henry said to her?
10. What does Rowena suggest looking for and what does Sam say about that?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)