|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam's mother think when Adam tells her his discovery?
(a) He is brilliant.
(b) He does not know what he is talking about.
(c) He's been in the heat too long.
(d) He is lying.
2. What is happening to the ceiling when Adam wakes?
(a) It is changing colors.
(c) It is falling down.
(d) It is leaking.
3. What does Adam learn from his father as he goes to bed?
(a) Water is coming in the basement.
(b) The water is almost to the top of the basement.
(c) The water seems to be slowing.
(d) The townspeople are trying to help build a sandbag wall.
4. Upon whom has Rowena come to rely?
(d) Her father.
5. What is Pa trying to keep safe?
(a) The tool shed.
(b) The barn.
(c) The corn fields.
(d) The chicken coop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Rowena's parents investigate?
2. What does Sam suggest they do for Henry?
3. What does Stew Meat do after he gets out his card?
4. What do Adam, Polly and Rowena want when the come into Stew Meat's store?
5. About what is Adam unhappy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What greets Adam when he wakes the next morning?
2. What does Adam promise his mother and what does this promise prompt Adam to do?
3. How do the three young people turn out?
4. What surprises Adam and his mother?
5. What does Adam's father say about Uncle Poot and what is Adam's response?
6. What does Rowena suggest looking for and what does Sam say about that?
7. How is Henry when Rowena returns from the party?
8. What does Sam bring back for Henry and what does he say when Rowena tells Sam about what Henry said to her?
9. Why does Adam's pa make a raft and what do they do with the raft?
10. What does Rowena tell Henry and Sam and what is Henry's response?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)