|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Adam, Polly and Rowena want Stew Meat to do?
(a) Find Blinn.
(b) Explain what had happened at the Church social.
(c) Give them jobs.
(d) Use his card to undo their wishes.
2. What do Adam and his father do with the excess water?
(a) They do not know what to do.
(b) Put it in tanks.
(c) Let it lie in the pond.
(d) Channel it away from the fields.
3. What does Adam dig for his mother's garden?
(a) Holes for her to plant dahlias.
(b) Holes for her to plant daffodils.
(c) Holes for fence posts.
(d) Rows and mounds.
4. What happens when Polly speaks sharply?
(a) She starts croaking.
(c) She cries.
(d) She faints.
5. Why does Adam harness the horses to the wagon?
(a) To give his friends a ride.
(b) To take a cage of chickens to sell at farmer's market.
(c) To take the infertile sow to the butcher.
(d) To go get water at the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa do when the people of Coven Tree arrive to help?
2. What kind of tree is Henry?
3. What does Sam say when Rowena asks him to wait until she returns?
4. How does Polly seem to have been changed by her experience?
5. What do Adam's parents realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Polly and Rowena described when Adam goes to school the next day?
2. What does Adam hear about the well on his family's farm and what does he suggest to his pa about the situation?
3. What does Adam do after school and how do Eunice and Agatha and others treat him?
4. What does Adam's father say about Uncle Poot and what is Adam's response?
5. Why does Adam's pa make a raft and what do they do with the raft?
6. What does Adam start doing for his mother and how does he frighten himself?
7. How does Rowena learn the truth about Henry's actions to her when he would visit Rowena's pa?
8. What does Sam say he's been doing in the library and with what result?
9. What greets Adam when he wakes the next morning?
10. What does Rowena tell Henry and Sam and what is Henry's response?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)