|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who angers Polly at recess?
(d) Two boys.
2. What does Polly do later in the woods?
(b) Shouts out her anger at Eunice and Agatha.
(d) Asks for help in removing the curse.
3. Who is Sam Waxman?
(a) The grocery man.
(b) The family's hired hand.
(c) The next-door neighbor.
(d) Rowena's uncle.
4. How do Leland and Lenora treat Polly after the frog incident?
(b) Tell her they don't want to be friends.
(c) Give her the silent treatment.
(d) The same way as always.
5. How does Mrs. Benthorn react to Polly's arrival at her house?
(b) She is not home.
(c) Aloof and mean.
(d) Surprised and resentful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers an observation?
2. Who has made their homes in the area of Coven Tree for decades?
3. How often does Blinn say he visits Coven Tree?
4. Where does the narrator first encounter Thaddeus Blinn?
5. What does Rowena take Henry for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Polly starts complaining to her mother the next morning about the burned toast?
2. About what does Polly begin to worry and what does she decide to do?
3. What does Polly worry about the next morning and how is she initially reassured?
4. How does Henry act when he arrives the next day?
5. What does Rowena hear in the woods and what does she find?
6. How is the community of Coven Tree described in the Prologue?
7. What does Polly resolve to do concerning Agatha and Eunice, and how is her first attempt disastrous?
8. What does Polly find and then lose?
9. What does Polly want to ask her mother and why is she reluctant to do so?
10. What does Polly overhear at Stew Meat's store and what does she decide to do?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)