|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa do with some barrels and wood from the hen house?
(a) Fills them with dynamite to try to blast a drain hole in the earth.
(b) Fills them with their family possessions.
(d) Makes a raft.
2. What is Stew Meat about to do at the opening to the Epilogue?
(a) Restock the shelves.
(b) Take his wife home.
(c) Close his shop for the night.
(d) Go to sleep.
3. What does Pa say when he comes in from the cornfield?
(a) That a hole Pa dug spouted water.
(b) That the crows ate most of the corn.
(c) That mice are numerous in the corn field.
(d) That the corn has withered up.
4. Upon whom has Rowena come to rely?
(d) Her father.
5. What does Rowena mutter when Adam sits behind her in class?
(a) That Henry deserves his fate.
(b) Something about stuck feet.
(c) That Adam better be a lucky boy if he uses his card.
(d) That Polly is the cause of her problems.
6. Who is at Adam's house when he arrives with the wagon?
(a) Uncle Poot.
(b) His older sister who is at college.
(c) His older brother who is on leave from the Navy.
(d) No one.
7. Who suggests pulling up the weeds growing around Henry?
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
8. According to the title of Tale 3, Part 1, what is everywhere?
9. What does Adam's father refuse to do?
(a) Get water from a spring on a neighboring farm.
(b) Let Adam consult a well digger about a new well.
(c) Built a holding pond for rain water.
(d) Let Adam go to school.
10. What has been filled by the evening at Adam's family farm?
(a) The feed bins.
(b) The well and cistern.
(c) The hay loft.
(d) The pig trough.
11. What has Sam been unsuccessful doing?
(a) Convincing Mr. Jervis that Henry left town.
(b) Contacting a witch for help.
(c) Finding a counter to the magic that changed Henry.
(d) Convincing Henry's wife he is not in the town.
12. What does Rowena realize when she thinks back to the day in Blinn's tent?
(a) That Blinn's eyes glowed.
(b) That Blinn seemed semi-transparent.
(c) That there was an instruction manual about the cards.
(d) That there were other cards handed out.
13. What is Adam, Polly and Rowena's mental state?
14. What stories had Henry fabricated?
(a) About saving several people from death.
(b) The things the machinery he sells can do.
(c) His travel stories.
(d) About a girlfriend back home.
15. What does Adam dig for his mother's garden?
(a) Rows and mounds.
(b) Holes for her to plant dahlias.
(c) Holes for her to plant daffodils.
(d) Holes for fence posts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adam have to go down to the river regularly?
2. What happens to the fields by that night?
3. When does Adam have to go back to school?
4. Who comes out to the farm?
5. What does Rowena wonder about Polly?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)