|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person narrator in the Epilogue?
(a) Stew Meat.
2. What does Adam doubt about Uncle Poot?
(a) That he really knows anything about engineering.
(b) That he can actually dowse for water.
(c) That he can build a better dam than Adam.
(d) That he will arrive this time since he did not last time.
3. How does Adam react to what someone says about the cause of the water problem?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He feels scared.
(c) He feels frustrated.
(d) He feels angry.
4. What does Sam feed Henry?
5. What does Rowena say to Sam about Henry?
(a) That she now sees him as he really is.
(b) That he is a con man.
(c) That he is a nice man.
(d) That he does not deserve to be a tree.
6. Who suggests pulling up the weeds growing around Henry?
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
7. What is Stew Meat about to do at the opening to the Epilogue?
(a) Restock the shelves.
(b) Take his wife home.
(c) Close his shop for the night.
(d) Go to sleep.
8. According to the title of Tale 3, Part 1, what is everywhere?
9. What do Adam's parents realize?
(a) The well is dry again.
(b) The water has stopped gushing.
(c) The water has disappeared.
(d) The cellar is dry.
10. What do Rowena's parents hear about the same time that Adam, Polly and Rowena are at Stew Meat's store?
(a) A loud pop.
(b) Someone yelling "alleluia".
(c) A strange sound in the woods.
(d) A scream.
11. What does Rowena realize when she thinks back to the day in Blinn's tent?
(a) That there were other cards handed out.
(b) That Blinn seemed semi-transparent.
(c) That there was an instruction manual about the cards.
(d) That Blinn's eyes glowed.
12. How does Polly seem to have been changed by her experience?
(a) She does not seem to have changed.
(b) She will not go to church socials.
(c) She is only unkind to someone who deserves it.
(d) She speaks politely to others.
13. What does Sam find near Henry?
(a) Henry's briefcase.
(b) A bag of cookies.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) A letter from a lawyer.
14. What does Stew Meat realize?
(a) That Adam, Polly and Rowena are in a bad place.
(b) That Adam, Polly and Rowena just want him to miss out on using his card for himself.
(c) That Adam, Polly and Rowena are deluded.
(d) That he was wise not to use his card.
15. What does Adam dig for his mother's garden?
(a) Holes for her to plant daffodils.
(b) Rows and mounds.
(c) Holes for her to plant dahlias.
(d) Holes for fence posts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Sam been unsuccessful doing?
2. What does Adam's mother think when Adam tells her his discovery?
3. What does Adam's father tell Adam the family will do?
4. What is Pa trying to keep safe?
5. What does Adam happily contemplate as he goes to sleep?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)