|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rowena tell Sam and Henry?
(a) That she will find Blinn and fix things.
(b) That she is not responsible for what happened to Henry.
(c) About the card.
(d) That she thinks the whole thing is quite hilarious.
2. What does Stew Meat do after he gets out his card?
(a) Gives it to Rowena.
(b) Gives it to Adam.
(c) Makes a wish.
(d) Gives it to Polly.
3. What does Rowena hear about Adam Fiske?
(a) That his farm has burned up.
(b) That water suddenly appears on his farm.
(c) That his father has left them.
(d) That he is dying.
4. What does Adam's mother say when he tries to tell his parents about his wish?
(a) She tells Adam that he can not go to college now since they have probably lost the farm.
(b) She tells Adam to be quiet.
(c) She tells Adam it is not his fault.
(d) She tells Adam the flood is all his fault.
5. What does Rowena realize when she thinks back to the day in Blinn's tent?
(a) That Blinn's eyes glowed.
(b) That there were other cards handed out.
(c) That Blinn seemed semi-transparent.
(d) That there was an instruction manual about the cards.
6. What does someone say about how the water problem might have been caused?
(b) The dam upriver has sprung a leak.
(c) Floods from melting snow.
(d) The reservoir has overflowed.
7. What do Adam, Polly and Rowena want Stew Meat to do?
(a) Use his card to undo their wishes.
(b) Give them jobs.
(c) Find Blinn.
(d) Explain what had happened at the Church social.
8. What do Rowena's parents hear about the same time that Adam, Polly and Rowena are at Stew Meat's store?
(a) A scream.
(b) A strange sound in the woods.
(c) Someone yelling "alleluia".
(d) A loud pop.
9. Who comes out to the farm?
(c) A group of townspeople.
10. What is in the pair of pants that Adam hangs in the closet?
(a) Blinn's card.
(b) A wad of dollar bills.
(c) A pipe and tobacco.
(d) A few coins.
11. What does Adam's mother think when Adam tells her his discovery?
(a) He is brilliant.
(b) He is lying.
(c) He does not know what he is talking about.
(d) He's been in the heat too long.
12. Of what is Adam convinced?
(a) He'll be hauling water forever.
(b) He can fix the problem with the well.
(c) He does not want to be a farmer.
(d) He does not want to go to school.
13. What is the situation when Adam wakes the next morning?
(a) The house is surrounded by water.
(b) His father has driven the wagon out of the valley.
(c) His parents are in a boat tied the front porch.
(d) The water has all receded.
14. About what does Mrs. Jervice remind Rowena?
(a) Taking her little brother to the park.
(b) Going with her dad to the park.
(c) A party.
(d) Going to the zoo the next day.
15. What does Adam learn from his father as he goes to bed?
(a) The water seems to be slowing.
(b) The water is almost to the top of the basement.
(c) The townspeople are trying to help build a sandbag wall.
(d) Water is coming in the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Adam's parents realize?
2. What does Rowena do after remembering the day in Blinn's tent?
3. Who is at Adam's house when he arrives with the wagon?
4. What does Sam say when Rowena asks him to wait until she returns?
5. About what does Sam learn in the library?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)