|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polly decide to do to Agatha?
(a) Invite her over to Polly's house.
(b) Ignore her.
(c) Give her some candy.
2. How does Mrs. Benthorn react to Polly's arrival at her house?
(a) Surprised and resentful.
(c) Aloof and mean.
(d) She is not home.
3. Who gestures to Polly in the playground?
(a) Lenora and Eunice.
(b) Leland and Lenora.
(c) Agatha and Eunice.
(d) Adam and Agatha.
4. What is Polly's reaction?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She berates Leland.
(c) She cries.
(d) She quietly leaves.
5. Where do Blinn's customers have to press their thumb?
(a) A button in a door.
(b) On a game board on the table.
(c) A red spot on a card.
(d) In some jelly-like substance.
6. What have some people claimed to see?
(a) Nymphs dancing in the full moon.
(d) Supernatural lights.
7. Where is Polly playing with her friends?
(a) In her backyard.
(b) By the river.
(c) In the playground.
(d) Near a junk yard.
8. Who angers Polly at recess?
(c) Two boys.
9. What do Leland and Lenora do for Polly?
(a) Pull her aside before her croaking can get worse.
(b) Hit the kids who are bothering Polly.
(d) Yell loudly to cover up Polly's croaking.
10. What does Polly do when she loses her temper?
(a) Speaks sharply to others.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Goes to talk to the teacher about the problem.
(d) Keeps her mouth shut.
11. In what predicament does Henry find himself?
(a) His shoe's sole has come loose.
(b) His foot is stuck in the ground.
(c) His jacket is caught on a nail.
(d) His hand is stuck to a sappy tree.
12. How does Coven Tree derive its name?
(a) It is not known.
(b) For the twisted tree where witches gather.
(c) For the agreement the area made with the elves.
(d) For the agreement the area made with the wood sprites.
13. What does Stew Meat ignore when he goes into Thaddeus' tent?
(a) The dazed look of people coming out of the tent.
(b) The strange smell coming out of the tent.
(c) The strange light in Thaddeus' eyes.
(d) The mean dog beside Thaddeus.
14. What is one theme the prologue says is explored?
15. What does Polly wonder as Part 2 ends?
(b) If this is more of a blessing than a curse.
(c) If she will ever be rid of this curse.
(d) If others will continue to like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator first encounter Thaddeus Blinn?
2. What does Rowena put in the pocket of her best dress?
3. What does Mrs. Jerivs insist that Rowena do?
4. What does Rowena hear in the woods near her house?
5. Who is Sam Waxman?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)