|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rowena take Henry for breakfast?
(a) A plate of eggs and bacon.
(b) A donut.
(d) A plate of beans and ham.
2. What trait do Leland and Lenora have that is better than anyone else?
(a) Nature lore.
(b) The ability to see distances.
(c) The ability to communicate without talking.
(d) The ability to juggle.
3. What does Rowena notice on her calendar?
(a) That Henry Piper will be in town the next day.
(b) That she is supposed to go to her cousin's house the next day.
(c) That her best friend's birthday is in two weeks.
(d) That her sister is going to be home from college soon.
4. How does Polly's mother become while trying to understand Polly?
5. What does Polly resolve to do no matter what that night?
(a) Tell her mother about what Leland and Lenora said.
(b) Not to use the card she bought at the Farmer's Market.
(c) Never speak to Leland and Lenora again.
(d) Become friends with Agatha and Eunice.
6. What sounds like "jug-a-rum"?
(a) The way Leland blows into a bottle.
(b) A large bullfrog.
(c) The steam whistle in the fog.
(d) The fog horn on the river.
7. How does Coven Tree derive its name?
(a) It is not known.
(b) For the twisted tree where witches gather.
(c) For the agreement the area made with the elves.
(d) For the agreement the area made with the wood sprites.
8. What does Polly worry about as she wakes the next morning?
(a) If Eunice will talk to her.
(b) If her teacher is mad at her.
(c) What might come out of her mouth.
(d) Whether Leland and Lenora are still speaking to her.
9. How does Polly react to Leland and Lenora's label?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She defends the two that Leland and Lenora criticize.
(d) She agrees with Leland and Lenora.
10. What does Polly accidentally do when she says hello to Agatha at church?
(a) Trips and falls on her back end.
(b) Steps on the heel of Agatha's shoe.
(c) Tears Agatha's dress.
(d) Scratches Agatha on the back of her hand.
11. What does Mrs. Jerivs insist that Rowena do?
(a) Walk the dog.
(b) Go with her father to the park.
(c) Take her younger brother to the park.
(d) Speak freely in front of Sam Waxman.
12. About what does Polly begin to worry?
(a) What will happen as far as the second part of her wish.
(b) That Leland and Lenora will never speak to her again.
(c) That Agatha will never speak to her again.
(d) That she will not be able to reverse this curse.
13. What do Leland and Lenora say they saw Rowena doing?
(a) Talking to bugs.
(b) Talking to trees.
(c) Walking as if in a dream.
(d) Sleeping by the river.
14. What is Stew Meat's function in Coven Tree?
15. Where is Polly playing with her friends?
(a) In the playground.
(b) By the river.
(c) In her backyard.
(d) Near a junk yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator first encounter Thaddeus Blinn?
2. What does Polly notice about the card after she makes her wish?
3. For whom is this book written?
4. Where does Rowena put her card with the red dot?
5. What happens when Henry arrives?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)