|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prologue say that the stories say is important.
(a) Service to others.
(b) Family relations.
(c) Joy in doing.
(d) The ability to tell reality from illusion.
2. What does Rowena suggest to her mother?
(a) That her aunt take her room when she comes to visit.
(b) That her mother go shopping with her for her dance dress.
(c) That Sam Waxman cut down the sycamore tree in the back yard.
(d) That Henry Piper stay with them.
3. What have some people claimed to see?
(a) Supernatural lights.
(b) Nymphs dancing in the full moon.
4. Where does Rowena put her card with the red dot?
(a) In the flour jar.
(b) In the cookie jar.
(c) A zipper compartment in her purse.
(d) A special hiding place.
5. How are people paying attention to Polly?
(a) When she is smiling.
(b) When she is crying.
(c) By noticing her good behavior.
(d) By laughing at her croaking.
6. What does Polly worry about as she wakes the next morning?
(a) What might come out of her mouth.
(b) If her teacher is mad at her.
(c) If Eunice will talk to her.
(d) Whether Leland and Lenora are still speaking to her.
7. What does Polly's mother do when Polly gets home?
(a) Gives her some ice cream.
(b) Calls the doctor.
(c) Looks down her throat with a flashlight.
(d) Sends her to bed with tea.
8. What does Polly spend time doing at recess?
(a) Talking to Leland and Lenora.
(b) Playing with her classmates.
(c) Being alone by the monkey bars.
9. What does Polly resolve to do no matter what that night?
(a) Tell her mother about what Leland and Lenora said.
(b) Not to use the card she bought at the Farmer's Market.
(c) Never speak to Leland and Lenora again.
(d) Become friends with Agatha and Eunice.
10. How does Rowena respond to Sam?
(a) She cries.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She slaps him.
11. What does Polly accidentally do when she says hello to Agatha at church?
(a) Steps on the heel of Agatha's shoe.
(b) Tears Agatha's dress.
(c) Trips and falls on her back end.
(d) Scratches Agatha on the back of her hand.
12. What happens when Polly gets mad at Agatha and starts to say something?
(a) Polly croaks instead of talks.
(c) Eunice makes Polly leave.
(d) Agatha tells Miss Morasco on Polly.
13. What does Leland's shout of excitement do?
(a) Wet Polly's hand.
(b) Startles a frog to jump into the river.
(c) Jump into Lenora's lap.
(d) Jump into the fire.
14. What does Thaddeus say he can give anyone for fifty cents?
(a) A stake in a new and wonderful business.
(b) A toy that will always amuse.
(c) A look at their future.
(d) Whatever they want.
15. What happens when Henry arrives?
(a) He insults Mrs. Jervis.
(b) He says he is staying at Debbie's house.
(c) He is surly to Rowena.
(d) He charms Rowena.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Polly begin to worry?
2. What does Rowena get when she goes back upstairs?
3. How is Coven Tree described?
4. Who angers Polly at recess?
5. What disturbs Polly's sleep that night?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)