|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polly decide at first not to do?
(a) Try the card again.
(b) Go to Agatha's house.
(c) Return the card to Thaddeus.
(d) Ask Lenora to go with her to Agatha's house.
2. What trait do Leland and Lenora have that is better than anyone else?
(a) Nature lore.
(b) The ability to communicate without talking.
(c) The ability to see distances.
(d) The ability to juggle.
3. What does Polly do later in the woods?
(a) Shouts out her anger at Eunice and Agatha.
(c) Asks for help in removing the curse.
4. Where does Rowena put her card with the red dot?
(a) In the flour jar.
(b) In the cookie jar.
(c) A zipper compartment in her purse.
(d) A special hiding place.
5. What has sprouted from Henry's feet?
6. What does Polly hear at the store?
(a) That Stew Meat was arrested.
(b) Agatha and Eunice discussing her.
(c) That many people are acting strange.
(d) That Thaddeus was arrested.
7. What is one theme the prologue says is explored?
8. What does the Prologue say that the stories say is important.
(a) The ability to tell reality from illusion.
(b) Joy in doing.
(c) Family relations.
(d) Service to others.
9. What does Polly find when she tests her voice?
(a) She can talk words.
(b) She now sounds like a cow.
(c) She is hoarse.
(d) She cannot make any sound.
10. Who are Polly, Rowena and Adam?
(a) Three witches.
(b) An elf, a wood nymph and a warlock.
(c) Three wood nymphs.
(d) Three characters the narrators introduces.
11. What disturbs Polly's sleep that night?
(a) A sore throat.
(b) Being afraid of going to school the next day.
(c) Hearing a voice in her head all night.
(d) The sound of hundreds of frogs outside her window.
12. What does Polly wonder as Part 2 ends?
(a) If she will ever be rid of this curse.
(c) If this is more of a blessing than a curse.
(d) If others will continue to like her.
13. Who offers an observation?
(a) Miss Morasco.
14. What sounds like "jug-a-rum"?
(a) A large bullfrog.
(b) The steam whistle in the fog.
(c) The way Leland blows into a bottle.
(d) The fog horn on the river.
15. What does Rowena put in the pocket of her best dress?
(a) A poem Henry sent her.
(b) A three-leaf clover.
(c) The card from Blinn.
(d) A lucky rabbit's foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Blinn say he visits Coven Tree?
2. How does Sam view Henry Piper?
3. Who do Leland and Lenora label as snobby?
4. What do Leland and Lenora say they saw Rowena doing?
5. Who wants to humiliate Polly?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)