|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rowena's mother say she heard about Polly Kemp?
(a) Polly's mother has become ill.
(b) Polly is going to boarding school.
(c) Polly's been croaking like a frog.
(d) Polly has become the sweetest girl in school.
2. About what do Leland and Lenora question Polly?
(a) The Solstice Ritual.
(b) The Church Social.
(c) Polly's friend Suzie.
(d) The new school teacher.
3. What does Pa say when he comes in from the cornfield?
(a) That the corn has withered up.
(b) That the crows ate most of the corn.
(c) That a hole Pa dug spouted water.
(d) That mice are numerous in the corn field.
4. What happens to the fields by that night?
(a) They are dry and cracked.
(b) They burn.
(c) They turn green almost instantaneously.
(d) They are all watered.
5. What have some people claimed to see?
(c) Supernatural lights.
(d) Nymphs dancing in the full moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Rowena's parents investigate?
2. What is Stew Meat about to do at the opening to the Epilogue?
3. What does Polly worry about as she wakes the next morning?
4. What is Pa trying to keep safe?
5. How does Polly avoid making croaking noises the next day at school?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)