|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tale 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Coven Tree derive its name?
(a) For the twisted tree where witches gather.
(b) For the agreement the area made with the elves.
(c) For the agreement the area made with the wood sprites.
(d) It is not known.
2. What does the Prologue say that the stories say is important.
(a) The ability to tell reality from illusion.
(b) Joy in doing.
(c) Service to others.
(d) Family relations.
3. Why does Adam have to go down to the river regularly?
(a) To collect river rocks to build a pool.
(b) To work on a dam he is building to divert water to the fields.
(c) To haul water.
(d) To fish for his family's meals.
4. What does Adam think is unfair?
(a) The way the other kids laugh at him for helping out his parents.
(b) That his older brother gets to be in the navy and he has to be home working on the farm.
(c) The way he gets penalized in school when he's later because of working on the farm.
(d) The situation in his family.
5. What does Sam do when Rowena suggests something to her mother?
(a) Laughs at Rowena.
(b) Says it is not a good idea.
(c) Agrees to take down the tree.
(d) Offers to give her his daughter's dress that she'd outgrown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator first encounter Thaddeus Blinn?
2. What disturbs Polly's sleep that night?
3. What does Sam take to the barn to keep dry?
4. What happens when Polly gets mad at Agatha and starts to say something?
5. About what does Sam learn in the library?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)