|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tale 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Adam have to go down to the river regularly?
(a) To haul water.
(b) To fish for his family's meals.
(c) To work on a dam he is building to divert water to the fields.
(d) To collect river rocks to build a pool.
2. What does Mrs. Jervis reply to Rowena's suggestion?
(a) That Sam is just teasing.
(b) That Henry is not staying with them.
(c) That Rowena has a perfectly good dance dress already.
(d) That Rowena's father is too busy.
3. Who is Sam Waxman?
(a) The family's hired hand.
(b) Rowena's uncle.
(c) The grocery man.
(d) The next-door neighbor.
4. What does Polly do instead of speaking words?
(b) Croaks like a frog.
(d) Writes what she wants to say down on paper.
5. Who gestures to Polly in the playground?
(a) Lenora and Eunice.
(b) Adam and Agatha.
(c) Leland and Lenora.
(d) Agatha and Eunice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Leland and Lenora treat Polly after the frog incident?
2. What does Polly's mother do when Polly gets home?
3. Of what is Adam convinced?
4. What do Adam and his father do with the excess water?
5. Why is Miss Morasco happy with Polly that day?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)