|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tale 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Leland and Lenora question Polly?
(a) The Church Social.
(b) The new school teacher.
(c) Polly's friend Suzie.
(d) The Solstice Ritual.
2. What does Adam dig for his mother's garden?
(a) Holes for her to plant dahlias.
(b) Holes for fence posts.
(c) Holes for her to plant daffodils.
(d) Rows and mounds.
3. What trait do Leland and Lenora have that is better than anyone else?
(a) The ability to see distances.
(b) The ability to juggle.
(c) Nature lore.
(d) The ability to communicate without talking.
4. What does Rowena's mother say she heard about Polly Kemp?
(a) Polly is going to boarding school.
(b) Polly has become the sweetest girl in school.
(c) Polly's mother has become ill.
(d) Polly's been croaking like a frog.
5. What does Sam do when Rowena suggests something to her mother?
(a) Offers to give her his daughter's dress that she'd outgrown.
(b) Says it is not a good idea.
(c) Laughs at Rowena.
(d) Agrees to take down the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polly do instead of speaking words?
2. What does Adam's father refuse to do?
3. What does Mrs. Jerivs insist that Rowena do?
4. What does Rowena do with Henry?
5. Who is Henry Piper?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)