|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under whom does Isaacson report Kennan studied for his chosen field?
(a) Angus Crawford.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) William Castle.
(d) Alexander Kirk.
2. Who was the Supreme Court Justice for whom Dean Acheson clerked?
(a) Louis Brandeis.
(b) Mahlon Pitney.
(c) William Howard Taft.
(d) James Clark McReynolds.
3. Which of the "Wise Men's" father does Isaacson claim worked for E.H. Harriman with Union Pacific Rail Road?
(a) Robert Lovett.
(b) Averell Harriman.
(c) Chip Bohlen.
(d) Dean Acheson.
4. Which of the six "Wise Men" does Isaacson report Roosevelt's Secretary of War asked to work on German espionage?
(a) Robert Lovett.
(b) Chip Bohlen.
(c) John McCloy.
(d) Averell Harriman.
5. For what purpose had Robert Lovett's father been grooming him and Averell Harriman since their graduation from college, according to Isaacson?
(a) To help him run his investment banks.
(b) To help him run the Union Pacific railway empire.
(c) To move into foreign service for the government.
(d) To become new masters of the emerging high finance sector of the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Averell Harriman join the most elite club at Yale according to Isaacson?
2. Which two of the "Wise Men" does Isaacson claim understood the importance of trade and global involvement from their careers on Wall Street?
3. How did George Kennan develop his connection to Russia according to Isaacson?
4. Who encouraged the United States to rearm and come out of what Isaacson claims to be a period of isolationism following WWI?
5. What exclusive club did Chip Bohlen join at Harvard according to Isaacson?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)