|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John McCloy come into contact with Averell Harriman and Robert Lovett?
(a) While he was directing a law office in Paris.
(b) As a student at Harvard Law School.
(c) Through the law firm where John McCloy was employed.
(d) As an advisor with the War Department.
2. Where did John McCloy attend College according to Isaacson?
3. What does Isaacson claim the six men profiled in The Wise Men represent?
(a) Moderate Republicans.
(b) The American Establishment.
(c) Ivy League colleges.
(d) New Democrats.
4. What two post-secondary schools does Isaacson report George Kennan attended?
(a) St. Johns Military Academy and Princeton.
(b) Yale and Oxford.
(c) Columbia and Harvard.
(d) Princeton and Oxford.
5. Who convinced one of the "Wise Men" to stop doing business with the Russian communists, according to Isaacson?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Charles DeGaul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isaacson report that Averell Harriman's support for the successful presidential candidacy of Franklin Roosevelt was rewarded in 1932?
2. For what purpose had Robert Lovett's father been grooming him and Averell Harriman since their graduation from college, according to Isaacson?
3. What exclusive club did Chip Bohlen join at Harvard according to Isaacson?
4. Who was the Supreme Court Justice for whom Dean Acheson clerked?
5. With what investment house did Isaacson claim Averell Harriman merged W.A. Harriman & Co.?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)