|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Fones family not celebrate Christmas?
(a) Because they are Muslims.
(b) Because they celebrate Kwaanza instead.
(c) Because they are Jewish.
(d) Because they are dissenters from the Episcopalian faith.
2. What has happened to Bess' husband, Robert?
(a) Robert has spiralled even further into madness.
(b) Robert has emerged from his dementia.
(c) Robert has died of natural causes.
(d) Robert has stowed away on a ship back to England.
3. Why do Bess and Harry require a special marriage license?
(a) Because they are papists
(b) Because they are cousins
(c) Because they are Episcopalians
(d) Because they are underage
4. Why is Bess going to travel to Ipswich?
(a) To take Bibles to the village
(b) To shop at a different village
(c) To speak to the church elders
(d) To take care of Martha who is pregnant
5. What was Elizabeth's mother's maiden name?
(a) Anne Winthrop
(b) Elizabeth Groton
(c) Anne Groton
(d) Mary Winthrop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bess do to lift the spirits of the Groton villagers?
2. To what is Bess looking forward?
3. Under whose jurisdiction does the Feakes-Patrick land fall after the meeting?
4. Who does Bess become interested in on the ship's journey to New England?
5. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)