|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Fones children think of their uncle?
(a) He is an outdoorsman and teaches them how to ride horses.
(b) He bores them with his interminable praying.
(c) He is very intelligent and reads stories to them.
(d) He is playful and loves spending time with them.
2. What happens when Will tells Bess about the governor's answer?
(a) Will and Bess marry themselves at Will's home.
(b) Will wants to take some time to think it over.
(c) Bess wants to take some time to think it over.
(d) Will and Bess abide by the governor's wishes.
3. What does Winthrop note about the people who seem to die first?
(a) They are the ones who yearn most for home.
(b) They never really wanted to come on the journey.
(c) They are the ones with weak constitutions.
(d) They are the smaller ones.
4. Where do Will and Bess live now?
5. What is the name of the ship that Harry's friend, Willaim Pelham, sails on to New England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men want John Winthrop with them when they go to America?
2. Whose controversial beliefs are causing division in Boston?
3. Of what are Bess and Telaka accused?
4. How is Harry fixed for money?
5. Bess is grief stricken to learn that ________________________ has died.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)