|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Fones, while on his deathbed, ask of John Winthrop?
(a) That he include Bess and Harry in his will
(b) That he give Bess and Harry some money
(c) That he let Bess and Harry return to Barbados
(d) That he forgive Bess and Harry
2. What role does Will Hallet assume in the community of Greenwich?
(a) He becomes a church elder.
(b) He trains a small band of soldiers.
(c) He becomes headmaster at Bess' school.
(d) He becomes the town's mayor.
3. What possession of Bess' does John Winthrop still have in his possession which Bess wants returned?
(a) Her father's mortar and pestle
(b) Her mother's china
(c) Her dowry
(d) Her wedding brooch
4. How does Bess perceive her new son-in-law, Thomas?
(a) He is kind but not very smart.
(b) He is a God-fearing man with strict ideas about marriage.
(c) He is lazy and wants to take control of Bess' property.
(d) He is industrious and wants to get started on a home for Joan.
5. How many people plan to sail to New England on the first voyage of the Massachusetts Bay Company?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the friendly Indian the ship's passengers meet in Boston?
2. What elegantly dressed man enters the apothecary shop asking for the best tobacco?
3. What do the men need before they can plan their journey to the new world?
4. What effect does Jack Winthrop's arrival at Groton have on Elizabeth?
5. What does Jack give to Bess to use as a signal that she needs help?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)