|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what position is John Winthrop elected?
(a) Governor of the Puritan Society
(b) Governor of Pymouth Plantation
(c) Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Company
(d) Governor of the Plymouth Bay Company
2. What has happened to Bess' husband, Robert?
(a) Robert has stowed away on a ship back to England.
(b) Robert has emerged from his dementia.
(c) Robert has died of natural causes.
(d) Robert has spiralled even further into madness.
3. How does Telaka save the family from the Indians on their journey?
(a) She speaks to them and tells them who she is.
(b) She uses her instincts to avoid the Indians in the woods.
(c) She is very accomplished with primitive weapons.
(d) She trades coats for corn.
4. What does Bess learn about her son-in-law?
(a) Thomas no longer loves Joan.
(b) Thomas has become an alcoholic.
(c) Thomas is still trying to get Bess' land.
(d) Thomas has turned his life around.
5. How does Bess perceive her new son-in-law, Thomas?
(a) He is industrious and wants to get started on a home for Joan.
(b) He is kind but not very smart.
(c) He is lazy and wants to take control of Bess' property.
(d) He is a God-fearing man with strict ideas about marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomas feel he should have Will's position?
2. What do the men need before they can plan their journey to the new world?
3. The local miller named Pond receives a letter from his son in New England who wants to return home because ____________________________________.
4. How does Bess pass her time at Groton?
5. With whom has John Winthrop arranged a marriage for Bess?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)