|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bess learns that ____________________ has returned to Boston.
(a) Robert Seaford
(b) Will Hallet
(c) Jack Winthrop
(d) Toby Feake
2. What does Matthew Craddock bring to Emannuel Downing's home?
(a) A silk-wrapped charter from England
(b) Fresh tobacco from Barbados
(c) A case of rum
(d) Two new horses
3. What does Anne Hutchinson explain to Bess?
(a) That Bess' husband has a weak character
(b) That God is a vengeful God
(c) That God is love
(d) That she should be obedient to her husband
4. Why does Harry return from Barbados?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) He has lost his plantation.
(c) He is in trouble for killing a man.
(d) He is tired of the tobacco business.
5. Who will be moving to Greenwich, much to Bess' delight?
(a) Will Hallet
(b) Jack Winthrop
(c) Anne Hutchinson
(d) Robert Seaford
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been writing to John Winthrop in an attempt to get what might be due to Joan from her late father's holdings in Barbados as well as to contest the paper signed by Robert Feake granting his property to Bess and Will?
2. With what physical problems is Robert Feake troubled?
3. On what grounds will the governor grant Bess' divorce from Robert?
4. What wedding gift does Harry buy for Bess?
5. Where will Joan and Thomas live?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)