|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complications does Bess experience with the birth of her child?
(a) Beth's child is stillborn.
(b) Bess suffers a miscarriage.
(c) Bess has to stay in bed for several weeks prior to the birth.
(d) The child is born deformed and dies soon after.
2. Who is the eldest of the Fones children?
3. What possession of Bess' does John Winthrop still have in his possession which Bess wants returned?
(a) Her father's mortar and pestle
(b) Her mother's china
(c) Her dowry
(d) Her wedding brooch
4. What is Bess teaching children?
(b) The alphabet
(c) Basic math
5. Why would John Winthrop be inclined to go to the new world, America?
(a) Because he wants to cross the ocean in his lifetime.
(b) Because he has an adventurous spirit.
(c) Because he wants to take religion to the heathens.
(d) Because his job has been dissolved by the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bess learn will be arriving soon at Groton?
2. What does Bess enjoy most about their new home?
3. Who does Harry bring with him to dinner?
4. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
5. Who has recently arrived from Germany?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)