|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what are Bess and Telaka accused?
(d) Public indecency
2. What does Matthew Craddock bring to Emannuel Downing's home?
(a) A silk-wrapped charter from England
(b) Two new horses
(c) A case of rum
(d) Fresh tobacco from Barbados
3. What do the Feakes and Patricks purchase from Telaka's father, Mianos?
(a) Corn and other seeds
(b) Meat and game
(c) Fur and tanned skins
(d) All the land named Greenwich
4. What happens when John Winthrop's iron-fisted style of leadership creates huge opposition in the colony?
(a) Winthrop must speak with the church elders on a regular basis.
(b) Winthrop is ousted from office.
(c) Winthrop decides to go back to England.
(d) Winthrop gets even more determined to rule his own way.
5. What outrage does Bess commit with the countess?
(a) She steps on the countess' gown.
(b) She calls the countess a name.
(c) She asks the countess for payment.
(d) She spills ink on the countess gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bess see one day during a celebration?
2. With whom is Bess in love?
3. To what does Harry admit at dinner?
4. What elegantly dressed man enters the apothecary shop asking for the best tobacco?
5. What is the name of the ship that Harry's friend, Willaim Pelham, sails on to New England?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)