|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry return from Barbados?
(a) He has lost his plantation.
(b) He is homesick.
(c) He is in trouble for killing a man.
(d) He is tired of the tobacco business.
2. Why does John Winthrop banish Daniel Patrick and his family from the colony?
(a) He accuses Daniel of having an affair with Bess.
(b) Daniel has stolen money from the colony's treasury.
(c) Daniel's views no longer coincide with the colony's religious position.
(d) Daniel is too strong of a political opponent.
3. Why is Anne Hutchinson excommunicated from the church?
(a) She has disgraced her husband in public.
(b) She has destroyed her Bible.
(c) She is accused of being a witch.
(d) She refuses to attend church services.
4. What is the name of the ship on which Harry sails to New England?
5. What news does Bess deliver to her father that makes him hit her with a stick?
(a) That she and Harry wish to be married
(b) That she has never loved her father
(c) That she is pregnant with Edward's child
(d) That she wants to move to Barbados
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Bess in love?
2. How many people plan to sail to New England on the first voyage of the Massachusetts Bay Company?
3. What name does the countess call the Fones family?
4. What do the children think of Groton Manor?
5. Who does John Winthrop's daughter, Mary, marry, much to his chagrin?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)