|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bess' cousin, Harry, sent from Barbados?
(b) Coconut milk
(c) Beaded jewelry
(d) Inferior tobacco
2. To what position is John Winthrop elected?
(a) Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Company
(b) Governor of Pymouth Plantation
(c) Governor of the Puritan Society
(d) Governor of the Plymouth Bay Company
3. What is the name of the Indian woman Bess takes as a maid?
4. Why is Bess' servant, Sally, jailed?
(a) Devil worship
(b) Venery (indulgence in sexual pleasure)
(c) Speaking out against the church elders
5. What wedding gift does Harry buy for Bess?
(a) A new home
(b) A new horse
(c) A cheap brooch
(d) A new trousseau
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Feakes and Patricks purchase from Telaka's father, Mianos?
2. What does Anne Hutchinson explain to Bess?
3. What do Will and Bess realize after they meet?
4. Why does King Charles celebrate Christmas?
5. Who is the youngest child in the Fones family?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)