|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a papist?
(a) A Roman Catholic
(b) An Episcopalian
(c) A Scientologist
(d) A Methodist
2. Why is John Winthrop's wife, Margaret, ailing at Groton?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She has tuberculosis.
(c) She has given birth to a child.
(d) She is melancholy.
3. What illnesses plague the villagers during the harsh winter?
(a) tuberculosis and scurvy
(b) measles and mumps
(c) cholera and tuberculosis
(d) cholera and scurvy
4. Why is Bess' servant, Sally, jailed?
(a) Speaking out against the church elders
(b) Devil worship
(c) Venery (indulgence in sexual pleasure)
5. Who is the youngest child in the Fones family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bess' cousin, Harry, sent from Barbados?
2. What personal information does Bess give to Jack?
3. What does Matthew Craddock bring to Emannuel Downing's home?
4. Who is Bess' stepmother?
5. Of what are Bess and Telaka accused?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)