|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when Toby upsets the grave site of Telaka's mother?
(a) Her mother's spirit is lost forever.
(b) Her mother's spirit has inhabited Toby's body.
(c) Her mother's spirit will haunt Toby.
(d) Her mother's spirit demands a new grave.
2. How does John Winthrop react to the news that Jack wants to marry Martha Fones?
(a) He is thrilled by the news.
(b) He thinks Jack is too young to get married.
(c) He is painfully upset.
(d) He is glad that another son will marry a Fones daughter.
3. Why are the Indians in the New Netherlands on the warpath?
(a) The Indians are tired of the Europeans moving in on their lands.
(b) The Indian chiefs have received messages from their ancestors that it is time to wage war.
(c) The Dutch governor, Kieft, massacred Indians who had come to him for help.
(d) The Europeans do not make fair trades with the Indians.
4. Who will be moving to Greenwich, much to Bess' delight?
(a) Anne Hutchinson
(b) Will Hallet
(c) Jack Winthrop
(d) Robert Seaford
5. What other name does Elizabeth use for herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bess' surprise visitor?
2. What does Bell beg Telaka not to tell her tribe?
3. What really concerns Edward Howes about what is going on in the Fones household?
4. Who is Anne's brother who still lives at home?
5. What action by the king infuriates Emmannuel Downing, John Winthrop and others?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)