|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne's brother who still lives at home?
(a) Thomas Winthrop
(b) John Winthrop
(c) Robert Winthrop
(d) Harry Winthrop
2. On what occasion does Bess use her healing skills to save the life of Margaret Winthrop?
(a) Margaret gets a huge gash in her hand while chopping wood.
(b) Margaret eats raw shellfish.
(c) Margaret contracts tuberculosis.
(d) Margaret falls ill after the birth of her seventh child.
3. Why does King Charles celebrate Christmas?
(a) Because his wife is a papist.
(b) Because he thinks people need a holiday.
(c) Because he celebrated as a child.
(d) Because he enjoys the food.
4. Who is the eldest of the Fones children?
5. What vision has Peyto revealed to Bess?
(a) That Bess' baby will die.
(b) That Harry will die.
(c) That Harry is unfaithful
(d) That Bess will have many children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bess going to travel to Ipswich?
2. What possession of Bess' does John Winthrop still have in his possession which Bess wants returned?
3. Who does not seem interested in marrying Bess?
4. What really concerns Edward Howes about what is going on in the Fones household?
5. What is the name of John Cotton's sermon?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)