|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people in John Winthrop's company have died since their arrival in New England?
(a) Nearly all of them
(b) Nearly one third
(c) Nearly one half
(d) Nearly three fourths
2. What happens when John Winthrop's iron-fisted style of leadership creates huge opposition in the colony?
(a) Winthrop is ousted from office.
(b) Winthrop gets even more determined to rule his own way.
(c) Winthrop must speak with the church elders on a regular basis.
(d) Winthrop decides to go back to England.
3. Who does Harry bring with him to dinner?
(a) His Egyptian servant, Peyto
(b) His servant, Samuel
(c) His fiance, Sara
(d) His best friend, Robert
4. On what occasion does Bess use her healing skills to save the life of Margaret Winthrop?
(a) Margaret gets a huge gash in her hand while chopping wood.
(b) Margaret eats raw shellfish.
(c) Margaret contracts tuberculosis.
(d) Margaret falls ill after the birth of her seventh child.
5. What effect does Jack Winthrop's arrival at Groton have on Elizabeth?
(a) She throws herself on Jack.
(b) Her peace of mind is disturbed.
(c) She does not know what she ever saw in him.
(d) She hardly knows Jack is around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Fones, while on his deathbed, ask of John Winthrop?
2. Why is Bess going to travel to Ipswich?
3. Who scolds the Indians for attempting to trade while claiming to be friends of the English?
4. Who is Bess' surprise visitor?
5. Why do the men want John Winthrop with them when they go to America?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)