|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
(a) They live in different counties.
(b) They are underage.
(c) They are related by marriage.
(d) They are first cousins.
2. What vision has Peyto revealed to Bess?
(a) That Bess will have many children.
(b) That Harry is unfaithful
(c) That Harry will die.
(d) That Bess' baby will die.
3. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
(a) That she is too young to be married.
(b) That Harry is gay.
(c) That she has always loved Harry's brother, Jack.
(d) That Harry has been married before.
4. After what group is John Winthrop's new colony patterned?
(a) The Episcopalians in England
(b) The Papists in Rome
(c) The Separatists in England
(d) The Jews in Israel
5. How many people in John Winthrop's company have died since their arrival in New England?
(a) Nearly three fourths
(b) Nearly one half
(c) Nearly one third
(d) Nearly all of them
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has John Winthrop arranged a marriage for Bess?
2. What possession of Bess' does John Winthrop still have in his possession which Bess wants returned?
3. What kind of mood is evident in the interim period between governors?
4. Who is Anne's brother who still lives at home?
5. What has Bess' cousin, Harry, sent from Barbados?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)