|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elizabeth's mother's maiden name?
(a) Anne Groton
(b) Mary Winthrop
(c) Anne Winthrop
(d) Elizabeth Groton
2. What does Winthrop note about the people who seem to die first?
(a) They are the ones who yearn most for home.
(b) They are the smaller ones.
(c) They are the ones with weak constitutions.
(d) They never really wanted to come on the journey.
3. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
(a) They live in different counties.
(b) They are underage.
(c) They are first cousins.
(d) They are related by marriage.
4. What personal information does Bess give to Jack?
(a) Bess does not love Harry.
(b) Bess misses her mother.
(c) Bess cannot stand her mother-in-law.
(d) Bess is pregnant.
5. Where does the family insist that Harry go instead of returning to Barbados?
(a) To Australia
(b) To France
(c) To New England
(d) To the Bahamas
Short Answer Questions
1. On what occasion does Bess use her healing skills to save the life of Margaret Winthrop?
2. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
3. Who does Harry bring with him to dinner?
4. The local miller named Pond receives a letter from his son in New England who wants to return home because ____________________________________.
5. Who is Bess' stepmother?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)