|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jack's plans?
(a) He wants to open a law office.
(b) He plans to the new world with his father.
(c) He wants to manage Groton.
(d) He wants to open an importing company.
2. What do the Fones children think of their uncle?
(a) He bores them with his interminable praying.
(b) He is an outdoorsman and teaches them how to ride horses.
(c) He is playful and loves spending time with them.
(d) He is very intelligent and reads stories to them.
3. What does Matthew Craddock bring to Emannuel Downing's home?
(a) Fresh tobacco from Barbados
(b) A case of rum
(c) Two new horses
(d) A silk-wrapped charter from England
4. In what way does Bess' pregnancy restrict her?
(a) She must remain at Groton.
(b) She cannot play croquet.
(c) She cannot wear her new dresses.
(d) She cannot ride horses.
5. Why would John Winthrop be inclined to go to the new world, America?
(a) Because he wants to take religion to the heathens.
(b) Because he has an adventurous spirit.
(c) Because his job has been dissolved by the king.
(d) Because he wants to cross the ocean in his lifetime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Fones family live in London?
2. Why do the men want John Winthrop with them when they go to America?
3. What has happened to many of the Indians in the area?
4. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
5. Who is Elizabeth excited to see at the estate in Groton?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)