|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harry decide to stay for awhile?
(a) With Robert's family
(b) With his own family
(c) With the Fones family
(d) At a nearby inn
2. Of what crime has Peyto been accused?
(a) Stealing from the Winthrops
(b) Playing cards on Sunday
(c) Being a witch
(d) Drinking too much rum
3. What are Jack's plans?
(a) He wants to manage Groton.
(b) He plans to the new world with his father.
(c) He wants to open a law office.
(d) He wants to open an importing company.
4. Who does John Winthrop's daughter, Mary, marry, much to his chagrin?
(a) His best friend, Samuel Dudley
(b) His adversary, Samuel Dudley
(c) His spiritual mentor, Samuel Dudley
(d) His ship's captain, Samuel Dudley
5. What outrage does Bess commit with the countess?
(a) She asks the countess for payment.
(b) She calls the countess a name.
(c) She spills ink on the countess gown.
(d) She steps on the countess' gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bess learn will be arriving soon at Groton?
2. What do the Fones children think of their uncle?
3. Bess gives birth to a girl and names her _____________________________.
4. On what occasion does Bess use her healing skills to save the life of Margaret Winthrop?
5. How many people in John Winthrop's company have died since their arrival in New England?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)