|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
(a) That Harry has been married before.
(b) That Harry is gay.
(c) That she has always loved Harry's brother, Jack.
(d) That she is too young to be married.
2. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
(a) She is more diligent about the apothecary business.
(b) She wears makeup and goes to improper places.
(c) She goes to church twice a day.
(d) She studies all the time.
3. What do the men need before they can plan their journey to the new world?
(a) Provisions that will last for months
(b) A good ship
(c) Financial backing
(d) A crate of Bibles
4. With whom is Bess in love?
(a) Jack's brother, William
(b) Harry's brother, Jack
(c) Jack's brother, Harry
(d) Harry's brother, William
5. How is Harry fixed for money?
(a) He has enough money to live for a week.
(b) He has enough money to live for six months.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He has plenty of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winthrop note about the people who seem to die first?
2. What is a papist?
3. What do the children think of Groton Manor?
4. Who is the eldest of the Fones children?
5. What is the name of the ship on which John Winthrop sails to New England?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)