|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bess' cousin, Harry, sent from Barbados?
(a) Inferior tobacco
(b) Beaded jewelry
(c) Coconut milk
2. Where does Bess live with her new husband?
3. What does Winthrop note about the people who seem to die first?
(a) They never really wanted to come on the journey.
(b) They are the ones with weak constitutions.
(c) They are the smaller ones.
(d) They are the ones who yearn most for home.
4. What was Elizabeth's mother's maiden name?
(a) Anne Groton
(b) Elizabeth Groton
(c) Anne Winthrop
(d) Mary Winthrop
5. When does John Winthrop decide he is going to emigrate to the new world?
(a) After a meeting of Parliament
(b) During a meeting at Lincolnshire
(c) When his business fails
(d) When his mother dies
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Bess' pregnancy restrict her?
2. What will happen to the Winthrop family now that Groton Manor has been sold?
3. With whom has John Winthrop arranged a marriage for Bess?
4. What do the men need before they can plan their journey to the new world?
5. What wedding gift does Harry buy for Bess?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)