|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom has John Winthrop arranged a marriage for Bess?
(a) William Congreve
(b) Robert Feake
(c) Robert Seaford
(d) William Falter
2. Why is the Winthrop family in mourning?
(a) Because Anne Winthrop has died
(b) Because Thomas Fones has died
(c) Because Martha Fones has died
(d) Because Sara Winthrop has died
3. Who tells Bess about Harry's death?
4. Why does the Fones family not celebrate Christmas?
(a) Because they are Jewish.
(b) Because they are dissenters from the Episcopalian faith.
(c) Because they celebrate Kwaanza instead.
(d) Because they are Muslims.
5. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
(a) That Harry is gay.
(b) That Harry has been married before.
(c) That she is too young to be married.
(d) That she has always loved Harry's brother, Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship on which Harry sails to New England?
2. With whom is Bess in love?
3. What is the name of the ship that Harry's friend, Willaim Pelham, sails on to New England?
4. Where does Harry decide to stay for awhile?
5. Why do Bess and Harry require a special marriage license?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)