|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitch, the Fones' servant, tell Edward Howes about the Fones household?
(a) That he needs more help in maintaining the house
(b) That he plans to retire soon
(c) That there is not enough money
(d) That it is being run by the devil
2. Why would John Winthrop be inclined to go to the new world, America?
(a) Because he wants to cross the ocean in his lifetime.
(b) Because he wants to take religion to the heathens.
(c) Because he has an adventurous spirit.
(d) Because his job has been dissolved by the king.
3. Who is the eldest of the Fones children?
4. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
(a) She wears makeup and goes to improper places.
(b) She goes to church twice a day.
(c) She is more diligent about the apothecary business.
(d) She studies all the time.
5. Who is the youngest child in the Fones family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What elegantly dressed man enters the apothecary shop asking for the best tobacco?
2. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
3. What do the Fones children think of their uncle?
4. In what way does Bess' pregnancy restrict her?
5. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)