|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Harry fixed for money?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He has enough money to live for six months.
(c) He has plenty of money.
(d) He has enough money to live for a week.
2. What does Bess mix in the apothecary shop for a countess?
(a) An antacid
(b) A poison ivy cream
(c) A mithridate (cure-all)
(d) A migraine potion
3. What do the children think of Groton Manor?
(a) It is too far away from London and they hate the long trip to get there.
(b) It is a frightening place that they have no interest in exploring.
(c) It is a children's wonderland with ponies, ponds, woods, castle ruins, and an old mill.
(d) It is a boring place because there is nothing for children to do there.
4. Why does King Charles celebrate Christmas?
(a) Because his wife is a papist.
(b) Because he enjoys the food.
(c) Because he celebrated as a child.
(d) Because he thinks people need a holiday.
5. Why would John Winthrop be inclined to go to the new world, America?
(a) Because he has an adventurous spirit.
(b) Because he wants to take religion to the heathens.
(c) Because he wants to cross the ocean in his lifetime.
(d) Because his job has been dissolved by the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jack's plans?
2. What do the Fones children think of their uncle?
3. Who is the youngest child in the Fones family?
4. Who is Anne's brother who still lives at home?
5. To whom is Beth betrothed on Christmas Day?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)