|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Harry fixed for money?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He has enough money to live for six months.
(c) He has plenty of money.
(d) He has enough money to live for a week.
2. To what is Bess looking forward?
(a) Raising a child
(b) Learning to cook
(c) Going to Barbados with Harry
(d) Sewing some new clothes
3. What is the name of the ship on which Harry sails to New England?
4. What does Bess do to lift the spirits of the Groton villagers?
(a) Organizes a May Day celebration
(b) Lowers the tenants' rent
(c) Gives the servants two days off from work
(d) Throws a formal ball for the villagers
5. What is the personality of Anne Fones' mother?
(a) Pleasant and caring
(b) Sick and tired
(c) Stern and formal
(d) Happy and boisterous
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Bess been encouraged to marry?
2. Why do Bess and Harry require a special marriage license?
3. Who accompanies Harry and Bess to Groton?
4. What are Jack's plans?
5. What does Thomas Fones, while on his deathbed, ask of John Winthrop?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)