|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vision has Peyto revealed to Bess?
(a) That Bess will have many children.
(b) That Harry is unfaithful
(c) That Harry will die.
(d) That Bess' baby will die.
2. In what way does Bess' pregnancy restrict her?
(a) She cannot play croquet.
(b) She cannot wear her new dresses.
(c) She must remain at Groton.
(d) She cannot ride horses.
3. What is the overriding religious influence in the group deciding to go to the new world?
(c) Roman Catholic
4. What does Thomas Fones, while on his deathbed, ask of John Winthrop?
(a) That he forgive Bess and Harry
(b) That he give Bess and Harry some money
(c) That he let Bess and Harry return to Barbados
(d) That he include Bess and Harry in his will
5. Why do the men want John Winthrop with them when they go to America?
(a) Because Winthrop is a religious leader.
(b) Because Winthrop has lots of money.
(c) Because Winthrop is a good merchant.
(d) Because Winthrop has legal knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal information does Bess give to Jack?
2. What do the Fones children think of their uncle?
3. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
4. To what is Bess looking forward?
5. What do the children think of Groton Manor?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)