|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Beth betrothed on Christmas Day?
(a) Edward Howes
(b) Harry Howes
(c) Edward Winthrop
(d) Jack Winthrop
2. Why does the Fones family live in London?
(a) Mr. Fones will not leave his home town
(b) Mr. Fones has an apothecary business in London
(c) The Fones' think the schools are better in London
(d) Mrs. Fones likes to go to the theater in London
3. What has Bess' cousin, Harry, sent from Barbados?
(a) Beaded jewelry
(b) Inferior tobacco
(d) Coconut milk
4. What do the Fones children think of their uncle?
(a) He is very intelligent and reads stories to them.
(b) He bores them with his interminable praying.
(c) He is an outdoorsman and teaches them how to ride horses.
(d) He is playful and loves spending time with them.
5. What do the men need before they can plan their journey to the new world?
(a) A good ship
(b) A crate of Bibles
(c) Provisions that will last for months
(d) Financial backing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bess mix in the apothecary shop for a countess?
2. Where does Harry decide to stay for awhile?
3. Who does Harry bring with him to dinner?
4. What is a papist?
5. Who does not seem interested in marrying Bess?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)