|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matthew Craddock bring to Emannuel Downing's home?
(a) A silk-wrapped charter from England
(b) Fresh tobacco from Barbados
(c) Two new horses
(d) A case of rum
2. Who is the youngest child in the Fones family?
3. To what does Harry admit at dinner?
(a) That he actually did kill a man in Barbados.
(b) That the latest tobacco he sent from Barbados was bad.
(c) That he is in love with Bess.
(d) That he has lost all his money.
4. What are the Fones children taught about papists?
(a) That they and their religion are evil.
(b) That hell exists on earth.
(c) That people should go to church twice a day.
(d) That they do not believe in heaven.
5. Who is Anne's brother who still lives at home?
(a) Harry Winthrop
(b) Robert Winthrop
(c) Thomas Winthrop
(d) John Winthrop
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children think of Groton Manor?
2. Why would John Winthrop be inclined to go to the new world, America?
3. Why do the men want John Winthrop with them when they go to America?
4. What action by the king infuriates Emmannuel Downing, John Winthrop and others?
5. Why does King Charles celebrate Christmas?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)