|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men need before they can plan their journey to the new world?
(a) Provisions that will last for months
(b) A crate of Bibles
(c) Financial backing
(d) A good ship
2. What does Bess mix in the apothecary shop for a countess?
(a) A poison ivy cream
(b) A mithridate (cure-all)
(c) A migraine potion
(d) An antacid
3. What name does the countess call the Fones family?
4. Who is Elizabeth excited to see at the estate in Groton?
(a) Robert and Thomas
(b) Jack and Harry
(c) Martha and Mary
(d) Anne and John
5. What are the Fones children taught about papists?
(a) That they do not believe in heaven.
(b) That they and their religion are evil.
(c) That hell exists on earth.
(d) That people should go to church twice a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What really concerns Edward Howes about what is going on in the Fones household?
2. What does Thomas Fones, while on his deathbed, ask of John Winthrop?
3. What do the children think of Groton Manor?
4. To whom is Beth betrothed on Christmas Day?
5. Who is the youngest child in the Fones family?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)