|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Charles celebrate Christmas?
(a) Because his wife is a papist.
(b) Because he enjoys the food.
(c) Because he celebrated as a child.
(d) Because he thinks people need a holiday.
2. To what does Harry admit at dinner?
(a) That he is in love with Bess.
(b) That he actually did kill a man in Barbados.
(c) That the latest tobacco he sent from Barbados was bad.
(d) That he has lost all his money.
3. What was Elizabeth's mother's maiden name?
(a) Elizabeth Groton
(b) Mary Winthrop
(c) Anne Winthrop
(d) Anne Groton
4. What really concerns Edward Howes about what is going on in the Fones household?
(a) That Martha is not being tutored
(b) That Mr. Fones is near death
(c) That Robert Seaton may be a Catholic
(d) That Bess has fallen in love with Robert Seaton
5. Who is the eldest of the Fones children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
2. What other name does Elizabeth use for herself?
3. Who does Harry bring with him to dinner?
4. Why is the Winthrop family in mourning?
5. Where does Harry decide to stay for awhile?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)