|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this customer tell Bess is awaiting her on the other side of the wall?
(a) A valentine
(b) A tobacco vendor
(c) A horse
(d) A new carriage
2. What does Thomas Fones, while on his deathbed, ask of John Winthrop?
(a) That he give Bess and Harry some money
(b) That he let Bess and Harry return to Barbados
(c) That he include Bess and Harry in his will
(d) That he forgive Bess and Harry
3. What does Jack give to Bess to use as a signal that she needs help?
(a) a feather
(b) a pearl necklace
(c) a doeskin glove
(d) a scarf
4. Why would John Winthrop be inclined to go to the new world, America?
(a) Because he wants to take religion to the heathens.
(b) Because his job has been dissolved by the king.
(c) Because he has an adventurous spirit.
(d) Because he wants to cross the ocean in his lifetime.
5. What other name does Elizabeth use for herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian woman Bess takes as a maid?
2. How does John Winthrop react to the news that Jack wants to marry Martha Fones?
3. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
4. Bess gives birth to a girl and names her _____________________________.
5. Why do Toby Feake, Thomas Lyon and Angell Husted arrive at Will's house armed and angry?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)