|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Winthrop react to the news that Jack wants to marry Martha Fones?
(a) He is painfully upset.
(b) He thinks Jack is too young to get married.
(c) He is glad that another son will marry a Fones daughter.
(d) He is thrilled by the news.
2. Who accompanies Harry and Bess to Groton?
(b) Sara Winthrop
(c) Martha Fones
(d) Robert Seaton
3. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
(a) She is more diligent about the apothecary business.
(b) She wears makeup and goes to improper places.
(c) She studies all the time.
(d) She goes to church twice a day.
4. Why do Bess and Daniel Patrick go to New Amsterdam?
(a) To buy more guns for protection
(b) To trade coats with the Indians
(c) To settle a dispute about the land they have purchased
(d) To buy supplies for the winter
5. With whom is Bess in love?
(a) Jack's brother, William
(b) Harry's brother, Jack
(c) Jack's brother, Harry
(d) Harry's brother, William
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bess happily encounter in Plymouth?
2. Why is Bess drawn to her new friend, Mirabelle?
3. What possession of Bess' does John Winthrop still have in his possession which Bess wants returned?
4. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
5. Why does Harry return from Barbados?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)