|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Bess and Harry require a special marriage license?
(a) Because they are underage
(b) Because they are Episcopalians
(c) Because they are cousins
(d) Because they are papists
2. What does Will tell Thomas Lyon?
(a) Thomas will need to help Will now that he is Bess' husband.
(b) Will has a job for Thomas.
(c) Thomas should move out of Bess' house and support himself.
(d) Thomas is no longer in Bess' will.
3. Under whose jurisdiction does the Feakes-Patrick land fall after the meeting?
(a) The Papists
(b) The Dutch
(c) The Germans
(d) The Puritans
4. What do the Feakes and Patricks purchase from Telaka's father, Mianos?
(a) Corn and other seeds
(b) Meat and game
(c) Fur and tanned skins
(d) All the land named Greenwich
5. Why is Bess' servant, Sally, jailed?
(a) Speaking out against the church elders
(b) Devil worship
(d) Venery (indulgence in sexual pleasure)
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only other person who sees the love between Bess and Will?
2. What complications does Bess experience with the birth of her child?
3. When Daniel and Toby return, what do they bring with them?
4. What does Bess enjoy most about their new home?
5. Why does the Fones family not celebrate Christmas?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)