|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
(a) She is more diligent about the apothecary business.
(b) She studies all the time.
(c) She wears makeup and goes to improper places.
(d) She goes to church twice a day.
2. Who is Bess' stepmother?
3. How is Harry fixed for money?
(a) He has enough money to live for a week.
(b) He has enough money to live for six months.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He has plenty of money.
4. Why do the men want John Winthrop with them when they go to America?
(a) Because Winthrop is a religious leader.
(b) Because Winthrop has legal knowledge.
(c) Because Winthrop has lots of money.
(d) Because Winthrop is a good merchant.
5. What news does Bess deliver to her father that makes him hit her with a stick?
(a) That she wants to move to Barbados
(b) That she is pregnant with Edward's child
(c) That she has never loved her father
(d) That she and Harry wish to be married
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does John Winthrop receive after he arrives in New England?
2. Who does Bess learn will be arriving soon at Groton?
3. The local miller named Pond receives a letter from his son in New England who wants to return home because ____________________________________.
4. To whom is Beth betrothed on Christmas Day?
5. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)