|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
(a) They are first cousins.
(b) They live in different counties.
(c) They are related by marriage.
(d) They are underage.
2. What is the name of the ship on which John Winthrop sails to New England?
3. Who is Bess' surprise visitor?
(a) Her best friend, Sara
(b) Her cousin, Harry
(c) Her fiance, Edward
(d) Her sister, Martha
4. Why do the men want John Winthrop with them when they go to America?
(a) Because Winthrop has lots of money.
(b) Because Winthrop is a good merchant.
(c) Because Winthrop has legal knowledge.
(d) Because Winthrop is a religious leader.
5. What news does John Winthrop receive after he arrives in New England?
(a) Harry has drowned in the Salem River.
(b) Harry and Bess' child has been born.
(c) Harry has been appointed captain of his ship.
(d) Harry has converted to Catholocism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
2. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
3. Who does not seem interested in marrying Bess?
4. Why is the Winthrop family in mourning?
5. What really concerns Edward Howes about what is going on in the Fones household?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)