|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What really concerns Edward Howes about what is going on in the Fones household?
(a) That Bess has fallen in love with Robert Seaton
(b) That Mr. Fones is near death
(c) That Martha is not being tutored
(d) That Robert Seaton may be a Catholic
2. What does Bess realize shortly after her marriage to Harry?
(a) That Harry is gay.
(b) That Harry has been married before.
(c) That she is too young to be married.
(d) That she has always loved Harry's brother, Jack.
3. What has Bess' cousin, Harry, sent from Barbados?
(a) Inferior tobacco
(b) Beaded jewelry
(c) Coconut milk
4. Why does the Fones family not celebrate Christmas?
(a) Because they celebrate Kwaanza instead.
(b) Because they are dissenters from the Episcopalian faith.
(c) Because they are Muslims.
(d) Because they are Jewish.
5. What does this customer tell Bess is awaiting her on the other side of the wall?
(a) A tobacco vendor
(b) A horse
(c) A new carriage
(d) A valentine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Bess been encouraged to marry?
2. Who does Bess learn will be arriving soon at Groton?
3. What possession of Bess' does John Winthrop still have in his possession which Bess wants returned?
4. How many people plan to sail to New England on the first voyage of the Massachusetts Bay Company?
5. What is the name of the ship that Harry's friend, Willaim Pelham, sails on to New England?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)