|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does John Winthrop receive after he arrives in New England?
(a) Harry has drowned in the Salem River.
(b) Harry has been appointed captain of his ship.
(c) Harry has converted to Catholocism.
(d) Harry and Bess' child has been born.
2. What really concerns Edward Howes about what is going on in the Fones household?
(a) That Bess has fallen in love with Robert Seaton
(b) That Martha is not being tutored
(c) That Robert Seaton may be a Catholic
(d) That Mr. Fones is near death
3. What news does Bess deliver to her father that makes him hit her with a stick?
(a) That she is pregnant with Edward's child
(b) That she and Harry wish to be married
(c) That she wants to move to Barbados
(d) That she has never loved her father
4. Who is the friendly Indian the ship's passengers meet in Boston?
5. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
(a) She wears makeup and goes to improper places.
(b) She studies all the time.
(c) She goes to church twice a day.
(d) She is more diligent about the apothecary business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bess happily encounter in Plymouth?
2. Who tells Bess about Harry's death?
3. What do the Feakes and Patricks purchase from Telaka's father, Mianos?
4. How does John Winthrop react to the news that Jack wants to marry Martha Fones?
5. What does Bess do to lift the spirits of the Groton villagers?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)