|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Bess' behavior changed since Harry and Robert have moved into the Fones house?
(a) She is more diligent about the apothecary business.
(b) She wears makeup and goes to improper places.
(c) She goes to church twice a day.
(d) She studies all the time.
2. Why is Bess' servant, Sally, jailed?
(a) Speaking out against the church elders
(c) Venery (indulgence in sexual pleasure)
(d) Devil worship
3. After what group is John Winthrop's new colony patterned?
(a) The Jews in Israel
(b) The Papists in Rome
(c) The Episcopalians in England
(d) The Separatists in England
4. What does this customer tell Bess is awaiting her on the other side of the wall?
(a) A tobacco vendor
(b) A new carriage
(c) A valentine
(d) A horse
5. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
(a) Martha (Mattie)
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Harry fixed for money?
2. Why does Harry return from Barbados?
3. Why is Bess drawn to her new friend, Mirabelle?
4. What is the name of John Cotton's sermon?
5. Who does Harry bring with him to dinner?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)