|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Will Hallet arrives to see Bess?
(a) Bess tells him to go away.
(b) They realize they are in love.
(c) Will tells Bess he is engaged to a Boston girl.
(d) Bess does not tell him she is pregnant with Robert's child.
2. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
(a) They live in different counties.
(b) They are related by marriage.
(c) They are first cousins.
(d) They are underage.
3. Bess gives birth to a girl and names her _____________________________.
(a) Madeline Justine (Maddie)
(b) Marie Joanne (Joann)
(c) Martha Jacqueline (Jacquie)
(d) Martha Johanna (Joan)
4. What is the name of the Indian woman Bess takes as a maid?
5. What news does John Winthrop receive after he arrives in New England?
(a) Harry has converted to Catholocism.
(b) Harry has drowned in the Salem River.
(c) Harry has been appointed captain of his ship.
(d) Harry and Bess' child has been born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Bess about Harry's death?
2. How does John Winthrop react to the news that Jack wants to marry Martha Fones?
3. What is Bess teaching children?
4. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
5. Why is Anne Hutchinson excommunicated from the church?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)