|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Anne Hutchinson excommunicated from the church?
(a) She is accused of being a witch.
(b) She has destroyed her Bible.
(c) She has disgraced her husband in public.
(d) She refuses to attend church services.
2. Bess' daughter, Joan, marries Thomas Lyon at what age?
3. Bess gives birth to a girl and names her _____________________________.
(a) Martha Johanna (Joan)
(b) Madeline Justine (Maddie)
(c) Martha Jacqueline (Jacquie)
(d) Marie Joanne (Joann)
4. How many people plan to sail to New England on the first voyage of the Massachusetts Bay Company?
5. Bess gives birth to another daughter and names her _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bess perceive her new son-in-law, Thomas?
2. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
3. Who tells Bess about Harry's death?
4. What does Bess do to lift the spirits of the Groton villagers?
5. What prompts the Bay Colony to prepare for war?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)