|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Winthrop react to the news that Jack wants to marry Martha Fones?
(a) He is thrilled by the news.
(b) He is glad that another son will marry a Fones daughter.
(c) He is painfully upset.
(d) He thinks Jack is too young to get married.
2. Who does Daniel Patrick take with him to fight Indians?
(a) Jack Winthrop
(b) Robert Seaford
(c) Robert Feake
(d) Will Hallet
3. Who tells Bess about Harry's death?
4. What news does John Winthrop receive after he arrives in New England?
(a) Harry has converted to Catholocism.
(b) Harry has been appointed captain of his ship.
(c) Harry and Bess' child has been born.
(d) Harry has drowned in the Salem River.
5. What has happened to Bess' husband, Robert?
(a) Robert has stowed away on a ship back to England.
(b) Robert has emerged from his dementia.
(c) Robert has spiralled even further into madness.
(d) Robert has died of natural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Jack and Bess need a special license to get married?
2. What is the name of the Indian woman Bess takes as a maid?
3. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
4. What does Robert do to Bess?
5. What is the name of the ship on which John Winthrop sails to New England?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)