|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts the Bay Colony to prepare for war?
(a) Indian attacks in Boston
(b) Letters from Providence and Connecticut warning of Indian massacres
(c) Rumors of an uprising of the Puritans
(d) Indian sightings in Ipswich
2. Who tells Bess about Harry's death?
3. How does Bess perceive her new son-in-law, Thomas?
(a) He is lazy and wants to take control of Bess' property.
(b) He is a God-fearing man with strict ideas about marriage.
(c) He is kind but not very smart.
(d) He is industrious and wants to get started on a home for Joan.
4. What is Bess teaching children?
(b) The alphabet
(d) Basic math
5. What happens when Will Hallet arrives to see Bess?
(a) Will tells Bess he is engaged to a Boston girl.
(b) Bess tells him to go away.
(c) Bess does not tell him she is pregnant with Robert's child.
(d) They realize they are in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bess do to lift the spirits of the Groton villagers?
2. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
3. What is the name of the Indian woman Bess takes as a maid?
4. Bess gives birth to another daughter and names her _____________.
5. Why is John Winthrop's wife, Margaret, ailing at Groton?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)