|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daniel Patrick take with him to fight Indians?
(a) Robert Feake
(b) Jack Winthrop
(c) Will Hallet
(d) Robert Seaford
2. What does Robert do to Bess?
(a) He demands that she stop mixing medicines.
(b) He apologizes for making her life so difficult.
(c) He rapes her in a fit of insanity.
(d) He becomes more loving than ever before.
3. What prompts the Bay Colony to prepare for war?
(a) Letters from Providence and Connecticut warning of Indian massacres
(b) Rumors of an uprising of the Puritans
(c) Indian attacks in Boston
(d) Indian sightings in Ipswich
4. What does Bess do to lift the spirits of the Groton villagers?
(a) Organizes a May Day celebration
(b) Gives the servants two days off from work
(c) Lowers the tenants' rent
(d) Throws a formal ball for the villagers
5. Who is crowned the Queen of May Day?
(d) Martha (Mattie)
Short Answer Questions
1. Bess gives birth to another daughter and names her _____________.
2. Bess gives birth to a girl and names her _____________________________.
3. How many people plan to sail to New England on the first voyage of the Massachusetts Bay Company?
4. What is the name of the Indian woman Bess takes as a maid?
5. Where will Joan and Thomas live?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)