|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baker think Ethan has been manipulating him?
2. Why does Ethan refuse to run for town manager?
3. Who notices that the talisman is missing?
4. How does Joey say he feels on July 1st?
5. Why does Margie not see Joey as a prospect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes Ethan's mind about what he wanted to do a the end of the book?
2. What does Joey say that shows Ethan his bank robbery might have failed?
3. What does Baker do and say when he sees Ethan after hearing about Danny's death?
4. How was Allen's plagiarism discovered?
5. What does Marullo tell Ethan when he offers to let Ethan take some time off?
6. How does Mary respond when she hears that Ethan now owns the store?
7. What does Stoney tell Ethan after he talks to Biggers for the first time since owning the store?
8. What does Margie realize when she flirts with Ethan about paying her for the fortune she read for Mary?
9. What did Marullo do and say when he was deported and why?
10. What does Mr. Baker say he would do for Ethan if he finds Danny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Baker and Marullo are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a comparison/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Margie presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)